Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Sunday morning wedding-hair/make-up help appreciated.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

I am looking for contact information for hair and make-up professionals around Chatham or that can travel to our rental house in Chatham that would be available on a Sunday (mid Sept) morning. I searched throught the postings and base on reviews, have made some calls. My problem is the wedding being on a Sunday and that my wedding party is really small to meet minimums in some cases Frown

TIA!

Re: Sunday morning wedding-hair/make-up help appreciated.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there, my stylist, who I LOVE, just said that she is going to start doing weddings on Sundays, she is in Falmouth but may be willing to travel.  Her name is Rachel and she iw with Pura Vida salon and Spa.  The Number is: 508-495-9500.  Let her know that Amy sent you.  She is great!
  • Options
    erickskderickskd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow I just spend 4 hrs today researching and calling about this!  My wedding is also Sunday morning and only 4 of us need hair done.  So far I've heard back from Oceanside in Brewster and Oasis in Chatham.  Oasis is more pricy than Oceanside but I'll let you know who else I hear from.  Please keep me posted about info you find out too! 
  • Options
    CCBelATCCCBelATC member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Girls! I'm happy to hear of others having Sunday weddings! My Mom's Catholic and thought it was ridiculous I'd consider getting married on a Sunday. I'm in the same boat, there's 4 maybe 5 of us getting our hair done. I'm looking more in the Eastham/Orleans/Wellfleet area and have a list of about 15 salons to call (seriously, who doens't have websites these days?). I'll be sure to pass along my findings after I make all those connections.
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
    Visit CapeCod.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister got married last year on the Cape and used Hairapy Salon out of Hyannis.  I think the stylists name was Layla.  She was able to come to the house in Orleans where the wedding was held.  The wedding party looked fabulous.  It was like a super model shoot.  She did both hair and make up.  My sister met with her for a trial run at her Salon a few weeks before.  She made her feel really relaxed about the wedding day and her prices are very reasonable.  We will be using her for our wedding in September.  Her number is 508-775-4247 and her website is <a href="http://www.hairapy_salon.vpweb.com/">http://www.hairapy_salon.vpweb.com</a>

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-cape-cod_sunday-morning-wedding-hairmake-up-appreciated?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:94Discussion:c94f88dd-a2d5-4ec6-9134-a890ee8296edPost:ed42189f-fbfd-4441-a4e4-76fdc2f423a1">Sunday morning wedding-hair/make-up help appreciated.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy New Year everyone!!! I am looking for contact information for hair and make-up professionals around Chatham or that can travel to our rental house in Chatham that would be available on a Sunday (mid Sept) morning. I searched throught the postings and base on reviews, have made some calls. My problem is the wedding being on a Sunday and that my wedding party is really small to meet minimums in some cases TIA!
    Posted by jayrho[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Justine, from Salon Justine, does Sunday weddings and has rave reviews here. She doesn't have a minimum and travels to you for no added cost. (google her for her phone number)

I'm probably using Elizabeth Nightingale for make-up (she has a website, if you google her) - she also travels for no fee and does Sundays. 

I have trials in Feb, so let me know if you want feedback after that!

HTH

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards