Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

House Rentals - Lobster Bake

Hey guys! So I'm totally knew to this whole site and I'm having some difficulty in my wedding planning.  My fiance and I are looking to rent a house on the water somewhere in either Connecticut, Massachusetts, or Rhode Island.  We're looking to do more of a laid back reception with a lobster bake / clambake theme.  We're having trouble finding a place that will accomodate approximately 175 ppl.  We would like to rent a home to we are not stuck to the 5 hour minimum because we have people traveling from all over.  The plan would be to have a cookout out the home on Sunday for all the people who stayed in the area overnight.  We're both very laid back and easy going people and this idea would fit us perfectly....although I'm stuck... Any ideas!??!

Re: House Rentals - Lobster Bake

• Options
    clage22clage22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you looking to have the wedding at the home on Saturday and the cookout on Sunday? Or just for the cookout on Sunday?
  • Options
    SWood426SWood426 member
    edited December 2011
    Wedding on Saturday and cookout on Sunday
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would think it would be really hard to find a home that could accommodate 175 people for dinner of any sort? Maybe I'm wrong, but that sounds like a lot of work for the day after your wedding.

We had a lobster bake rehearsal dinner, but it was at Flying Bridge. They did a great job, but I'm guessing it's more formal than you are looking for. But maybe another more casual restaurant would be a better bet? For example, I'm sure no home you rent would have enough bathrooms for 175 people...
  • Options
    clage22clage22 member
    edited December 2011
    So two places come to mind..the first is a house that you can rent. It is the Winslow Estate and it is in Orleans on the Cape. IMO, it is quite expensive, but your budget maybe more flexible than mine was. This is their website. http://www.win-estates.com/heritage.htm

The second is the Beach Breeze Inn in Falmouth, MA. If it not really a house that you would rent. But..when you have a wedding there, you are responsible to rent out all of the guest rooms..thus having it be a place all to yourselves for the weekend. I'm not exactly sure how they would handle the two day event, but it's worth a shot to get in contact with them and check it out! http://www.beachbreezeinn.com/index.htm
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bournedale function facility... Its a cute old summer camp on a lake with kayaks and bonfire spots and cabins guests can stay in.. also close to the Hilton garden Inn in Plymouth... and very reasonable.. check it out..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards