Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Beach Bonfire

Hi Everyone!

I am getting married in Falmouth this July. I would like to have a beach bonfire after our reception, but I am not having much luck finding a place to have it. Has anyone done this or know of a way to make this happen in the Falmouth area? Thanks for your help!

Re: Beach Bonfire

• edited December 2011
    It's not actually legal in Falmouth.... but you might get away with taking a fire pit or bbq somewhere... kinda doubt it though... 
    I live in Falmouth and WISH....
  • clage22clage22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is it aloud on private property? I knew it wasn't on the public beaches, but I didn't know if anyone had luck at any private areas?
  • edited December 2011
    Each town has its own rules, so maybe you could do it in a nearby town?
  • edited December 2011
    people take private boats over to naushon and smaller islands off waquoit for bonfires... in Falmouth... no police over there... but thats the best i can say for you... 
    Lived here all m life and have never seen an onshore bonfire that wasn't squelched quickly...
    Except at Penzance point, which is all private millionnaire row in woods hole... good luck with THAT!

Don't shoot the messenger... but unlikley....
  • clage22clage22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I understand! I was just hopeful :) Thanks for the tip though!!
  • mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some towns only require you to have a permit to have an open fire on a beach. Check in the surrounding towns what their laws are.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards