Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Etiquette help

one of my girlfriends has a husband who is a videographer who offered to tape our wedding as a gift. the problem is, i don't like his style and plan to hire another videographer. i am sure if i tell her that i have a videographer (even though i dont yet) she will ask who. what is the proper way to handle this? i am also afraid that if i say that i want him to enjoy the wedding day he might just say he has more fun taping. how should i handle this?

Re: Etiquette help

• edited December 2011
    It may be a littel fib, but what if you say someone on FI's side also offered to do the same, and rather than slight one of the 2 offers, you opted to go with a 3rd party?  We did something simliar with our photographer.
  • edited December 2011
    just let them know you got a referral from a friend's wedding for a photographer you are "already looking into" as to let them know their services are not needed.
  • edited December 2011
    I'd say I really want them both in the wedding video, that it's an incredibly kind offer, but you've already spent a lot of time looking into a videographer and you'd rather they come as your guests, relax and enjoy the day with you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards