Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

The Beachmoor thoughts?

Hi everyone,  I am new here and I have been reading all your posts all day...trying to do some research on where I might want to hold my wedding.  Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions or reviews on the Beachmoore Inn??  I am on a pretty tight budget, but there are some things I just don't want to give up.  The Beachmoor seems to have all I want, at a fairly affordable price.  The main things I am looking for are ocean front, on the Cape (or close by if I can still get that Cape feel) and I really want to hold it on a Saturday night.  If anyone has been to a wedding there, had a wedding there or even just gone to check it out...your thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!Laughing

Re: The Beachmoor thoughts?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I love the Beachmoor too, but you can't have a night wedding there unless you want a sunday night, and the room is small and if you have more than 75-100 people they divide the eating/dancing areas.  The dance floor was small too.   I am having the same trouble finding a pretty, affordable place.  Let me know if you do any better

Cindy
  • Options
    nunesie26nunesie26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh bummer! Thanks so much for that info though.  Has anyone looked into Yacht clubs at all? Do they tend to be really pricey?  I am looknig to try and keep my wedding around 15k with 120-150 guests. I don't even know if it is possible with the number of guests and with what I really want location and time-wise.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding at Beachmoor and I thought it was very nice.  It is actually on the Cape Cod Canal though, no tthe ocean.  But it still has a great view.  The wedding I went to had about 100 guests.  Dinner was in the main restaurant are and dancing was in a seperate room with wall to wall windows.  I thought it was very cute and the owner Rita is a sweetheart.

Try Falmouth Yacht Club - they are recently renovated and right on the ocean.  It is very reasonable priced and has a nautical feel to it.  I think they fit about 150 or so.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding at the Surf & Sand Motel in Yarmouth, with the reception at Skippy's Pier 1 also in Yarmouth.  They don't advertise that they do weddings, but ours will probably end up being around $20k with just over 200 people, so not unreasonable to put that in the $15k for 125-150 category.  Skippy's is a restaurant that they will close for the evening - one big room but definitely not your typical function room layout, so you have to be creative with seating.  The restaurant is on a marina (not really ocean front, but there is water and it's a pretty spot (across from Pirate's Cove).  Surf & Sand is directly waterfront on Nantucket Sound (next to the Blue Water) so you could have your ceremony overlooking the ocean, and the reception could still be water front. 

HTH, let me know if you want any more information.
  • Options
    Laurie12820Laurie12820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have our wedding there, but we did have our Rehersal Dinner there.  It was perfect for a RD, but for a wedding with 100+ guests, it's probably not the best choice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards