Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Where'd you get your cake?

We are getting married in Falmouth next June and I was just wondering who people in that area had do their cake and if you could tell me how much it was per slice?  Just trying to get a rough idea without calling a million places. Thanks!

Re: Where'd you get your cake?

• Options
    clage22clage22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in Falmouth this July. We are using Tammy from The Scratch Cake. We met with her last weekend for a cake tasting and it was absolutely incredible. We are using some unique flavors for our wedding cake, and Tammy was able to pull through on the taste fabulously! Her prices for wedding cakes starts around $3.00 per slice, but she will work with you to make your budget work. For us, she recommended having a sheet cake in the back to help cut down about $100.00 on cost. She also does great work with cupcakes if that is something you are interested in. Here is her website if you are interested: http://www.thescratchcake.com Happy wedding planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got a cake for my husband at our rehersal dinner from Delicious Desserts in Falmouth.  Lisa was great to work with and everyone loved the cake (it was a Red Sox cap). It was kind of pricey though - I think $250 for about 40 people.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I am getting married in Falmouth this July.  We are using The Casual Gourmet which is a catering company out of Centerville.  They were recommended by our venue.  Ours I believe will be about $5 per piece but I think that also had to do with the decoration we chose. They were easy to get in touch with and very friendly.  I would definitely recommend them :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    second to the scratch cake... dddddddlllllliiiiisssshhhhhh and really reasonable... I know the cupcakes... unbelieveable!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Delicious Desserts. She came highly recommended so she is actually the only cake person we talked to, but I was really happy with the look and taste. I think it was about $5 a slice, and we have a fairly simple design, but we had a lot left over, even though we ordered for only about 2/3 of the number of people. You can definitely order for fewer people with her, since I think her 'slice' estimates are very heavy.
  • Options
    amylee545amylee545 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We are using Casual Gourmet, and our cake is $3.75/slice. Basic starts at $3.50/slice, and when you add fillings and intricate designs, the price goes up. We are having red velvet, and yellow cake with a buttercream filling, which isn't anything extra... and it's fantastic! They're cakes are delicious. The extra $0.25 a slice is from the design we chose. We've had very little contact with them, but they were great for the tasting and everything. No complaints! 
  • Options
    GBroc22GBroc22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how much ours is per slice because it was included with our full catering menu, but we're using Casual Gourmet.  We went for our tasting there and it was unbelievable! I hope it tastes as good at the wedding :) Good luck in your search!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're using Cottage Street Bakery in Orleans.  It's about $3.43 per slice. I tried their cake at a wedding years ago and loved it. Even though I scheduled some other cake tastings recently, theirs was by far the best.
  • Options
    AmyliamAmyliam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Scratch Cake too. Tammy is great to work with. Really friendly and creative. Her cupcakes are soooo delicious. We are having cupcakes  for 120 people and a small cake topper to cut. It'll cost a little under $400 (i also picked a very intricate design that upped the price) This price also includes delivery and setup. A lot of other places charge $50-$100 for delivery and charged even more for renting cup cake towers!  www.thescratchcake.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dottie Lovely the Cake Lady out of South Yarmouth. Best chocolate cake I ever had. Only 250 for servings for 70. She's been so great to work with and honor our wishes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Dotty Lovely. I can't say anything about the taste of the cake since I haven't tasted my cake yet, but she was affordable compared to some others and when I met with her recently she was very friendly, down-to-earth, knowledgeable, and willing to work with whatever we wanted and customize the cake for us. She's also flexible if you want to change anything later.
  • Options
    Frae2010Frae2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was married in Falmouth this past August and used The Casual Gourmet in Centerville. I designed my own cake the way I wanted it, and they made it into an actual reality!! They did an amazing job!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards