February 2012 Weddings

Bridal shower will be too early.

My sisters found out over the weekend that the shower they were planning won't work at the end of November due to their children's activities. (they will be in another country for a tournament) The weekend before I will be away.

This puts us in an awkward position. My cousin will be having a baby shower the second week of January. They don't want two showers and a wedding within the same 3-4 weeks especially when Christmas just passed. (it would be second week of January shower, third week of January shower, fourth week break, then a week later the wedding) Just after Christmas that would be just too much for most people.

Anything in December is ruled out because they couldn't afford to do anything at that time.

I have let them know straight out they don't need to worry about it. I don't even need a shower.

They said they'll just do it at the end of October or the first week of November.

I feel that's too early. I have sent my STDs and have spoken of the wedding to my family. (I am only inviting family) I don't think anyone would complain out loud but I don't want to be seen as rude.

I just feel stupid having a shower that early. Will people understand their reasoning for having it about three months early. (either October 29/November5)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards