February 2012 Weddings
Options

Maybe its just me....

Hey ladies,

So I need advice.  i think that may be letting myself get slightly annoyed.  The other day I posted just the word Huh??? on a post and I got told off on the board that I was at just based on that.  According to them I came off rude and snotty, just based on that one word!  I am super annoyed and maybe I should nt be but I just am.  Can you guys check it out and tell me if I should just let it go or speak my mind.  It may sound super childish but I totally would like to hear your intake based on the fact that you guys may know that I am not out to attack people (at least I hope you do)  me know.....

Thanks!  Wink
http://forums.theknot.com/default.aspx?path=http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Maybe its just me....

• Options
    PS I fixed my picture and resized it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
  • Options
    I totally agree with you and Shari!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    I have noticed that these boards (the knot, the nest, the bump) are FULL of RUDE people!! I think someone people are just 8itchy by nature but i think others just don't see when they are being that way.

Anyway- my point. I personally don't think *everything* they said was totally rude, however, i'm an outsider looking in. I think that if i was "being attacked" the way you feel, i would also be very offended. I'm a sensitive person and would definitely take their remarks to heart.

With that said- i can see how they would interrupt "huh" with more then one question mark as being construed as something more then just confusion. However, knowing you, can't imagine you meant it in a mean way. I think next time i would include more then just a simple "huh??" to state what my thoughts were. (although i'm sure those were not your intentions).

I say, leave it alone and let it blow over. You stated what you meant. hopefully it'll all blow over soon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice and thanks air-2009....I think I'll let it be even though it completely irks me...I dont want to be one to contribute to the 8itchiness of the people on these boards...thanks for understanding guys! You guys are the best!!!! Lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sure if the OP had posted this on the international boards she would have gotten a similar response to what you said. People on the local boards need to take a chill pill sometimes and not get their panties in a wad.

Seriously I didn't even know what she was asking, she should have elaborated more.

I'd just let it go, though, to avoid them stirring up more drama.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    I totally agree with you girls... Sometimes I read post and think that some of these girls need to get off their high horses!

I don't always agree with everything I read but in that case, I just don't respond.

I am a really bad speller and one of the first posts I made on a board had a few spelling errors and someone replied to it just criticizing my spelling! I mean, she could still read it and understand so why even mention it?!?!

It's  not worth your energy to argue over, and I think you did the right thing to clarify what you meant and then dropping it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just looked at the post and I think you should just let it go- just because it really isn't worth it. I don't think what you wrote was bad and I definitely didn't think it was snotty. You never know how someone may react or how someone may interpret things on a message board so don't take anything personally.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    just remember that everyone is frazzled planning their weddings? also, people who post here arent always the most internet savvy and arent as familiar with non-verbal modes of communication. you can soften the impact of what you type by adding an emoticon at the end.

bottom line is that some people take the internet WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY too seriously (as well as themselves). there is going to be butthurt no matter what you say or dont say
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hey honey...people on here are VERY rude. I posted a question about how my parents have helped me and my FI out and that i was looking for suggestions on a thank you gift for them becuase they are the type of people that wont take anything from me. In my post i said over and over that i was truly greatful for what my parents have given us and that all of it was unexpected.

Some other knotties responded with comments about how i must have went to them begging for their help...smart sarcastic comments about how i should give them all of my money from the wedding cards to pay them back for the money they are putting back. It was redicuolous. All i was saying is i have awesome parents, so i need an aweome thank you.

So...yes...people are rude...dont let it get to you. I looked at my post and thought to myself...those people are just jealous. And im not really someone to be jealous of.

Deep breaths! lol
    More than words.....
  • Options

People suck on here sometimes.  There are those that think they are the queen of the brides, and they love to rip the rest of us to shreds.

Don't let it bother you.  Those girls are probably marrying ogres and I feel sorry for them!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards