February 2012 Weddings

Make- up

I'm all natural I don't wear make-up @ all. I will like 2 get my face made up 4 my wedding. I don't want alot of make- up on just a lil something 2 bring out my color n facial features. Do any1 know where I should go n do a test run on there make up 2 c if I like the way it looks on me?????? I was thinkIng MAC

Re: Make- up

• If you're thinking natural, I would personally stay away from MAC. They seem to apply makeup heavily. But hey, I've never been there. Do they charge for trials?

I went to Clinique the day of my engagement party and asked them to show me some styles for light/natural makeup. They did a whole session with me and didn't charge! It came out great and a bought the eye shadow and lip gloss they used. It was last June and I still have them, I don't apply makeup much. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i would suggest checking your local board. We don't know your area and/or what is offered near you.
    however, i do think natural is MUCH better then dark. I think brides with dark make up dont look nearly as pretty as they do with more natural colors.

can i also note: and not to be snarky... but is it really that hard to write out "at", "to", "see", "and"...  IMO your thread was a little hard to read and a little juvenile.
  • Personally I'm a memeber of MUA (make up alley) and learned so much about make up the past few months, I used to only have mine professionally done long ago in another time ahha...now I do it myself: I actually LOVE Rimmel 25hr foundation (with a brush!!) and their stay matte powder, I use Rimmel Lash Accelerator mascara and urban decay eyeliner and eye shadows. I do use Mac primer for the face.

This is along with me switching it up because I do own MAC studio fix foundation which I love but does not look as photo perfect..I hate MAC eye shadows, Urban Decay is so much more pigmented. MAC does not charge for a make up trial but will try to sell you things. Clinique I know for a fact will do bridal make up the day of but you have to spent like $21.50 or something like that. Make an appt if you choose that route.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2012-weddings_up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:94076715-01be-4544-b5ad-db7fe810eb77Discussion:2692ef95-3daf-4669-bc02-86f8282e3a80Post:0d3f6319-7e17-40ea-acee-d8be333cfac9">Re: Make- up</a>:
    [QUOTE]i would suggest checking your local board. We don't know your area and/or what is offered near you. however, i do think natural is MUCH better then dark. I think brides with dark make up dont look nearly as pretty as they do with more natural colors. can i also note: and not to be snarky... but is it really that hard to write out "at", "to", "see", "and"...  IMO your thread was a little hard to read and a little juvenile.
    Posted by klreese0213[/QUOTE]

I'm so use to texting that is y........
  • right, i figured :)  but it was a little hard to read.
    just be aware, girls on other boards wouldn't say things nearly as nice as us girlies around here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards