North Carolina

Bridesmaid dresses are in! Here's hoping the order was right.

I just got the email.  They came in 7 1/2 weeks instead of the 16 I was given as an estimate!  Here's hoping the order is right, since there were some color issues.  I don't think I ever posted the dress -- it is THIS dress, in "sapphire" (I think!).  I wanted a color more along what shows up as "Sailor" if you click on that one.  But after looking online I recalled that the sample swatch they had at Bridalmart looked a lot more grey.  I ordered a swatch from the manufacturer and got a swatch that looked like the "sailor" picture online.  Sooo..

I went to Bridalmart with my swatch and asked to see their swatch book and my swatch did not match what they had for "Sailor" -- they told me itwas definetely "Sapphire" and brought one of the other dresses (different style) to show me that it was sapphire.  I told the manager my concern was that they would write "sapphire" and I would get some color that didn't match my swatch and then they would give me a hassle about their "no return" policy.  She cut a piece of my swatch to attach to the order form to be sure they match---so we'll see what happens when I go pick them up Saturday!  Its definetely odd that if Dessy sent me the wrong swatch (even though on the thing it came with, "sailor" was marked) that they sent me the color I actually wanted!

Re: Bridesmaid dresses are in! Here's hoping the order was right.

• edited December 2011
    I hope they are the right color as well! Very pretty dresses by the way, our BM dresses are dessy too.

My wedding dress was supposed to be in today, well today was the esitmated delivery date, and I called them because I'm impatient and it didn't come in. :o(
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Very elegant- I love it. It looks like something the bridesmaids could wear again after the wedding.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Very pretty dress & I love the color you selected. I hope everything works out exactly like you want!
  • alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    very pretty! I love dessy dresses.  I tried a couple of their destination gowns.
  • edited December 2011
    Yaaayyyy Beth.  My BM dresses are supposed to be in at the end of July.  I can't wait!  Keep us posted on how the order turned out!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Gorgeous dress!!
  • ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well you will find out soon enough. That stinks that it was a crazy mix up and you got the color you actually wanted but the name was different.  I hope it works out and the dresses are right! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards