February 2012 Weddings
Options

Seating Arrangements

We decided to elope. My family, being the awesome laid back people they are, were super excited and thought eloping would be hilarious (my parents are fourth generation ministers and openly support their children going against tradition for fun). My fiance's family - also ministers - not so much. So we compromised and decided to have a small dinner reception afterwards. None of my family will be able to make it because it's on a Wednesday, the 29th, and my whole family lives in Nebraska. So we'll have 22 guests, four of which will be my two friends and their spouses. The rest of the guests are my fiance's immediate family. 

Would I be asking for trouble if I seated us one table of 10 and one table of 12?The table of 10 would include us, my two friends and their spouses, one of which is the maid of honor, my fiance's best man and spouse, our photographer since she's a close personal friend of ours, and my fiance's best friend. 

The other table of 12 would be his entire family - four sisters, two spouses, dad, stepmother, mother, and his god parents and grandmother. Would that be weird not seating the family with us and instead seating them all together?
Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards