Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Weeds for Flowers?

So I have been thinking about my flowers. I really think I want Dandelions. Yes, I will have to add a color, but I just have always had a fasniation with them. Do you think that's cheap and tacky? I even have a comeback for people who stick up their noses to it..."Because our love grows like a weed" hehe.

My one problem is keeping them alive for the ceremony. How do Brides keep their flowers alive?

Here's a tougher one. How do I tie Dandelinos together with The Green Lanter (yes the comic hero)? In case you are wondering "Why", my engagement ring was his GL ring since we couldn't afford anything at the time. I love it and want to showcase it.
My Bio!
(it's still a work in progress)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Weeds for Flowers?

• Options
    I dont know about green lantern, but dandylions tend to wilt and go floppy very soon after picking them, have you concidered billyballs? they are fun

or have the dandylion heads put on a pomander, frorist foam soaked in water, to keep the stems from being an issue.
    I think the idea is super cute, but might be tricky lol

• Options
    what about yellow carnations?
    or incorprating the dandilions elsewhere like in the stationary, and just make the wedding a bright cheery yellow scheme?
  • Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2010
    You coud have superheros as your table numbers.  What?  No?  Look for a Green Lantern tie.  Ok, I give up.

As far as the dandelions are concerned, there are different varieties of dandelions.  You could research what would work best for you.  They may possibly have a different look than what you'd want, but they would still be dandelions.
  • Options
    loveslugloveslug member
    First Comment
    edited April 2010
    This site sells artificial dandelions:

http://www.withycombefair.co.uk/Dandelion__.htm

And what about making the Green Lantern theme more symbolic, with green paper lanterns?  Hanging green to symbolize GL, yellow for your dandelions, and white for the fluffy dandelion seed heads maybe?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_weeds-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:16e98130-5de5-42e3-81f5-d5109a5de63ePost:5e67c78d-0a55-448f-82cc-b01d6e8c95dd">Re: Weeds for Flowers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This site sells artificial dandelions: <a href="http://www.withycombefair.co.uk/Dandelion__.htm" rel="nofollow">http://www.withycombefair.co.uk/Dandelion__.htm</a> And what about making the Green Lantern theme more symbolic, with green paper lanterns?  Hanging green to symbolize GL, yellow for your dandelions, and white for the fluffy dandelion seed heads maybe?
    Posted by loveslug[/QUOTE]

I never thought someone would sell artifical ones! You have made my day!
    My Bio!
    (it's still a work in progress)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you're trying to incorporate the Green Lantern, you shouldn't do dandelions.  After all, his weakness is the color yellow.

No, seriously, that's in the comics.  I can't make stuff like that up.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Not tacky at all! I'm using White and Yellow false Dandelions to incorporate it into my "wish" theme :) we're marrying on 11-11, you can also add other flowers into it if you wanted to. Maybe some warm earthy-toned accents to your bouquet.

You should also maybe look into Balsa Wood Bouquet's, i think they're neat!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards