February 2012 Weddings
Options

Share your...

SONGS! Any of them that you may have picked out. I'm feeling sappy tonight!

Here's my father daughter dance, which is pretty much the only DEFINITE I have: http://wendiandedward.weebly.com/fatherdaughter-dance.html

And here's the 3 we are considering for our first dance: http://wendiandedward.weebly.com/first-dance.html

~DFWs Resident Snark~
I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?

Re: Share your...

• Options
    Lol...I just finished listening to " your my inspiration" the words are amazing! Def a leading choice for first dance!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    totally odd... but i don't plan to do first dances. It isn't that i don't love my dad- we are actually VERY close. BUT- i feel that the dances are uncomfortable. i'm not a big dancer (unless i'm pretty lit haha)... John and I won't have a first dance either. Since his car accident, dancing and things like that are pretty difficult... and again, i personally am not attracted to the idea of standing in a circle dancing while 100 people watch you LOL- but thats ME! :)
    another deciding factor- a wednesday night wedding, cutting first dances will give us more social time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wendi, I love your father daughter song!

For a while I planned to take dancing classes so we could come out and dance to the song "More than a woman" like in the movie Saturday Night Fever. My Fiance just looked at me like I was crazy lol.. Don't think we'll be doing that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh geez...ps the song I like isn't for my dad it's for me and the future hubby...I like stand by me for my dad and i
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2012-weddings_share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:94076715-01be-4544-b5ad-db7fe810eb77Discussion:b7fae608-057b-4510-a752-57a3d5d20ff1Post:fa5c9e17-0693-4176-ae8c-a2bb4b19e634">Re: Share your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wendi, I love your father daughter song!
    Posted by JadziaDax[/QUOTE]

Thanks :) I can never get through it without crying. I think he'll lose it when we have that dance, cause I don't plan to tell him what I picked in advance
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    The only song that FI and I have picked out is our first dance.  We are dancing to "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing".  We are both HUGE Aerosmith fans and he actually used the lyrics to that song in the proposal.  I think we are going to use a live version though, just to make it different from what everyone else uses. 
  • Options
    Ceremony:
    Walking down the aisle to "Broken Road"
    After vows: "Love Never Fails" by Brandon Heath
    Before they announce us: "God Gave Me You" by Dave Barnes

First Dance:
    Probably "My Best Friend" by Tim McGraw
    Father/Daughter dance: FAST!!!
    Probably "You Make My Dreams Come True" by Hall and Oates
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2012-weddings_share?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:94076715-01be-4544-b5ad-db7fe810eb77Discussion:b7fae608-057b-4510-a752-57a3d5d20ff1Post:bef6fc40-2076-473f-a9c5-299e772baae7">Re: Share your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ceremony: Walking down the aisle to "Broken Road"
    Posted by futuremrscoachj[/QUOTE]
    By Rascal Flats???? LOVE this song too and truly think it represents John and I. Since we aren't doing a first dance, i would like this song playing while we cut our cake.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes! I have an amazing guy friend who can sing like no one's business. So he is going to be singing all of the music in our wedding. He will be singing with the piano as I walk down. SO excited. It really is a great song and it would be great for your cake cutting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards