February 2012 Weddings

My order STILL has not arrived... (vent)

I ordered my veil November 1st. My wedding is next saturday. A week after I ordered I received a phone call saying my veil should arrive right before Christmas. Christmas comes and goes, and in the fiasco of not getting bridesmaids dresses in until  a month after they were due in , I started inquiring about the whereabouts of my veil. " itll be in around the first of january, the holidays have backed things up"  ( um, i ordered november 1st, BEFORE the holidays)  Jan 1st comes and goes, yes , its a holiday I expected delays. Jan 8th I call in to inquire again. OH its scheduled to be shipped january 10th.. then it takes 4 days to get here. WHAT?? I was told it was supposed to be IN LAST WEEK. Well, the girls you talked to arent here full time theyre just college girls, always ask to speak with me or one of the full time ladies..  Jan 17th I call in , has my veil arrived yet? "NO, But Ive been calling the company, do you know what they told me?? They told me they were waiting on a full box before they sent it, so I gave them an earfull" Excuse me?? Theyre waiting on a full box on something that was ordered in NOVEMBER??? YOU'VE ALREADY TOLD ME YOU'VE RECEIVED ORDERS FROM THEM THAT DID NOT HAVE MY VEIL IN IT! SO HOW ARE THEY WAITING TO SHIP A FULL BOX???" " well, it was chinese new year" I ORDERED MY VEIL, PAID IN FULL AND PAID FOR SHIPPING NOVEMBER FIRST.. CHINESE NEW YEAR HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!!! Jan 24th, I call again. Just making my weekly, is my veil here yet call. NO its not here yet but they said they shipped it so it should take 4 days.. Jan 31st.. Hello, Me again, any sign of my veil?? No, but we havent recieved our orders in yet. If worse comes to worse Ill bring it to you at your wedding... um. what?? How are you going to bring it ANYWHERE if you dont freaking have it????? It is now just about the 3rd of february, I am getting married in 8 days. There is still NO VEIL. This is completely ridiculous. What if Id been planning an out of town wedding and have to include travel time? How would they be getting me my veil to me at the last minute? Not to mention I dont WANT my veil delivered to me at the last minute, when I'm getting ready with my girls, the last thing I want is to be standing there at 4:45 waiting to walk down the aisle and HOPING the chick from the bridal shop shows up with my veil. I have a MILLION things going on this week. I have people coming in from all over the country and out of it. Where the helllll is my veil? What do you even do in this situation? I have been as nice as possible, I am not rude, or unreasonable or irrational, but this is beyond stupid..Back when I worked in this industry, we were smart enough to bump dates to avoid this kind of thing.. I have enough stress going on, wondering where the eff my veil is, is not something I want to be doing. What would you do?
You can't argue with the universe..Well, you can, it just doesn't get you anywhere.

199 Are Invitedimage
144 Are Most Definitly Ready to Celebrate image
55 Are Missing Out or Couldnt Find Their Mailbox image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My order STILL has not arrived... (vent)

• I don't think there's much you can do but try to find a backup and hope the real thing comes. I'm sorry it's been such a hassle. That's unbelievable :-(
  • Agree with PP.. not much you can do, I would look at maybe finding a backup. Don't take the tag off, and if it arrives, then return your backup.
    I completely understand your frustration. I would probably be threatening legal action at this point, but I just like to make a scene ;) Also, make sure to post some nice reviews on your local board, that will really send the message! :)
    Hope everything works out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow... I dont blame you.  I'd be just as upset.  Plus if they deliver it the day of - what if its wrong or snagged? What then?  You should get a HUGE discount should it arrive and if not - get all your money back and find somewhere in town that has something you like IN STOCK that you can walk out the door with. 

Man - I'm so sorry.  I'm sure there are lots of people telling you not to freak out or its not a big deal but I feel your pain.  You ordered it in PLENTY of time.  I'd go on Yelp and make sure you warn other brides about that shops TERRIBLE customer service. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I sent the manufacture an email telling them how completely unacceptable this was. My veil came in yesterday and I had a response from the compamy. They contacted the shop to make sure i'd gotten it. Idk if the shop already had it or if it.legitimatly just came in, but either way I have it now
    You can't argue with the universe..Well, you can, it just doesn't get you anywhere.

199 Are Invitedimage
    144 Are Most Definitly Ready to Celebrate image
    55 Are Missing Out or Couldnt Find Their Mailbox image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wow. mention a name and let other brides know in case they want to use this vendor. maybe on the local boards for you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards