February 2012 Weddings
Options

Should I chance February?

I haven't yet booked my venue but originally we had planned for a February 18 2012 wedding. But we live in Canada, where about 3 times a winter we have really bad snowstorms that cause even the bravest people to stay inside because driving could be fatal.

It dawned on me that this could happen on my wedding day and since most of my guests are from out-of-town, I'd lose half of my guests at a few hours notice.

So now I'm panicking...thinking I could also have it on March 31st which would cut the chances of a storm down since it's the end of winter...or even April 21st which would be a full spring wedding.

I did have a winter "diamond and ice" theme I wanted to have...but I'm willing to give it up...although, I don't know if I'm prepared to wait a year and four months to get married!! Whereas, February didn't seem so far away!!

What do you guys think I should do?

Re: Should I chance February?

• Options
    You need to do what you think is best. We all have our own reasons for picking February. What does your fiance think?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My fiance will do whatever I think is fine. lol

The reasons I picked February were: 1. I wanted the winter theme (blue colored lighting) and 2. I didn`t want a 1 year and 4 month engagement. It seems so far away and I read that your engagement can lose credibility when you wait so long.

But I`m willing to break away from the winter theme, but I still am not sure how comfortable I am waiting an extra 2 months.
  • Options
    I beleive you can still have your winter theme wedding.  Consider a date in March prior to the first day of spring or even a few days after.  That way you may be able to have all of your loved ones attend the event.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2012-weddings_should-chance-february?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:94076715-01be-4544-b5ad-db7fe810eb77Discussion:d7d5aceb-6549-43d0-9d7a-89aefa94764ePost:306fc9b5-b6e8-4d85-b319-f87f3eefded0">Re: Should I chance February?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance will do whatever I think is fine. lol The reasons I picked February were: 1. I wanted the winter theme (blue colored lighting) and 2. I didn`t want a 1 year and 4 month engagement. It seems so far away and I read that your engagement can lose credibility when you wait so long. But I`m willing to break away from the winter theme, but I still am not sure how comfortable I am waiting an extra 2 months.
    Posted by ker_x0x[/QUOTE]

You can have blue color lighting any time of the year and please explain how an engagement can lose credibility- i'm kind of curious.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2012-weddings_should-chance-february?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:94076715-01be-4544-b5ad-db7fe810eb77Discussion:d7d5aceb-6549-43d0-9d7a-89aefa94764ePost:306fc9b5-b6e8-4d85-b319-f87f3eefded0">Re: Should I chance February?</a>:
    [QUOTE] 2. I didn`t want a 1 year and 4 month engagement. It seems so far away and I read that your engagement can lose credibility when you wait so long. Posted by ker_x0x[/QUOTE]

That has to be the silliest thing I have EVER read. We have a 19 month engagement (July 2010 until Feb 2011) because of deployment and I insited on a Feb wedding. This is giving us more than enough time to save up the right way to pay for the wedding we want instead of going into debt. Many girls on other international boards have dates into Summer 2012, so there is nothing wrong with the credibility of your engagement based on length of time.

And I agree with PPs that you can do blue uplighting any time of the year. I'm sure it's still chilly enough in March that you may be able to pull off the whole winter theme still
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards