February 2012 Weddings

I have no dress!

Reading where everyone is in their wedding planning, i'm starting to freak out that I haven't bought a dress yet. Is anyone else still dress shopping? Does anyone have any tips, like how many dresses did you try on before you found the one?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I have no dress!

• i TRIED ON 3 BUT IM ORDERING MY DRESS FROM EUROPE. iI JUST TRIED ON SOME 2 GET A LOOK ON WHAT LOOKS BEST ON ME. I PERSONALLY THINK U HAVE A LIL MORE TIME B4 U GET ALL WORKED OUT OF SHAPE. USE THESE LAST THREE WEEKS 2 FOCUS ON DRESS SHOPPING.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2012-weddings_dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:94076715-01be-4544-b5ad-db7fe810eb77Discussion:de531c53-ca89-480c-ae45-ae6cb7fc7f3ePost:e0c9067d-b492-4bb8-8eb0-8e8700e95c23">Re: I have no dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]i TRIED ON 3 BUT IM ORDERING MY DRESS FROM EUROPE. iI JUST TRIED ON SOME 2 GET A LOOK ON WHAT LOOKS BEST ON ME. I PERSONALLY THINK U HAVE A LIL MORE TIME B4 U GET ALL WORKED OUT OF SHAPE. USE THESE LAST THREE WEEKS 2 FOCUS ON DRESS SHOPPING.
    Posted by yabassa423[/QUOTE]

Just a kind word, please dont use all caps in all your posts it is considered yelling/screaming and also hard to read.

As for OP...I have not started my dress shopping, I know STYLE but not for sure anything else. My mother is giving me half the money for the dress next month before she leaves the country on a trip and the rest I will get in Oct so if I want to buy before Oct I can put it on my CC and she will reimburse me when her next large income check comes..I am keeping my budget low though as I know of amazing dresses under $400,...some as low as $140 or $99...so I might start making appts at stores in June or July...
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • You're totally fine- however, I would definitely start looking this Summer. I ordered my dress in January and it did not come in until last week, so some dresses are going to take a while to be made ( if you choose to go in that direction) You want your dress in enough time for alterations and stuff...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Don't feel bad... i don't have a dress either :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I tired on 3 and ordered the 2nd one I tried on. Ordered in January and still waiting for it to come in! 3 more months they say. I'm anxious.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • I haven't tried any on. I have an appointment Memorial weekend to try 8 on
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • I tried on over 10 and went with the second dress I tried on. My advice would be not to take a lot of people with you. I took my mother, my sister, cousin and FI's mother and sister. BAD idea! Which is why I wound up trying on over 10. The second dress is the one I loved but my family did not. After I got home from my last shopping trip, it hit me that I won't make everyone happy. I truly did have that "feeling" when trying on the dress. So, I went back and bought it. And I couldn't be happier with my decision.

As for time. I think the idea is that you have a dress ordered at your 8 month mark. At least that is what I've heard. So you still have time. However, when my last bridesmaid tried on her dress the saleswoman told us shipping is taking longer these days. She said with the fuel costs not as many shipments are being made. Instead, designers are waiting until they have a bulk shipment and then ship. Rather than shipping each order. I'm not sure how true that is. She could have just been pushing the sale. 
  • OK Thanks- I feel a little bit better now. For a moment it seemed like everyone had a dress and I started to stress. I will probably take my mother, sister and FI's mother with me- anyone more will be too much.

Cuppycake- What is your real name again? It sounds like you made the right choice by going back and choosing the dress you loved. Where did you get your dress if you don't mind me asking. I have an appointment with a store in Brooklyn.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2012-weddings_dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:94076715-01be-4544-b5ad-db7fe810eb77Discussion:de531c53-ca89-480c-ae45-ae6cb7fc7f3ePost:f6a7205a-85a4-4547-b926-2178bb2c3d05">Re: I have no dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK Thanks- I feel a little bit better now. For a moment it seemed like everyone had a dress and I started to stress. I will probably take my mother, sister and FI's mother with me- anyone more will be too much. Cuppycake- What is your real name again? It sounds like you made the right choice by going back and choosing the dress you loved. Where did you get your dress if you don't mind me asking. I have an appointment with a store in Brooklyn.
    Posted by JadziaDax[/QUOTE]

<div>It's Kristina :). And I bought it from a little boutique in NJ called Hers Couture. Which unfortunately closed, she had great prices! I'm not familiar with brooklyn but if you're looking to travel to NJ- Russel Bridal and Hollywood Bridal were highly recommended to me. I only made it to Russel's before I realized I was wasting my time and my heart belonged to the dress at Her's Couture. They were very helpful at Russel's. </div><div>
    </div><div>Good Luck! And let us know how it goes. Feel free to post pictures if you want some more input ;) I love looking at dresses</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards