Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

local photographer/videographer

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone know of a local female photographer/videographer in the GR area that isn't toooooooooooo expensive (ideal price anything below $500). I know photography is expensive, but I am wondering if anyone knows of someone and they don't have to be "professional".  Just something good, but cheap.

Thanks!

Re: local photographer/videographer

• Options
    I can certainly sympathize with you. That was my intention when I started planning.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but good and cheap just doesn't seem to be possible in photography.
    I am finding you will usually get what you pay for. Not saying you won't find someone capable but that does not mean good either. Just acceptable.

I have tried Craigslist and checked out some of the less expensive there.

One stated she had 15 years experience. She had very little work to show. What she did have was just acceptable. Not creative really. One photo even looked as though it could have been from her own wedding about 20 years ago.
    I'm still looking for a photographer myself.
    Experience at wedding photography is a must otherwise I will probably end up standing around while they figure out what to do next. I have found this out through the last 3 weddings I was in. Cheap, They showed some nice photos but didn't know how to operate efficiently at wedding photography.
    I myself have decided that I will spend $1500 - $2000 because my wedding day photos are all I have left when it's over.
    I will be looking at 3 this week. I know one of them allows payments.
    Is that an option for you?
    I know some people just don't have the money but I have seen some that spend more on chair coverings than pics.

• Options
    I second what smorgasboard said, photography is one of those areas that you really do get what you pay for.  Are there other areas of your budget you can cut back on to give you a larger photography budget?  As PP said, the photos are all you have left when it's over (aside from your husband of course!), so it's not an area you really want to scrimp on too badly.

If increasing your budget is absolutely out, it might be a good idea to check the photography departments at some of the colleges in the GR area.  Some students really do have great work, but because they're students they don't charge an arm and a leg.
  • Options
    I second the recommendation of going to local colleges. If you can find out who the photography professors are you can always ask for their recommendation and approach a student OR post in the building on a bulletin board. Also try asking around with friends, sometimes you'll have a friend who is friends with a photographer and might be able to get you a deal.
  • Options
    I have the best photographer...if you need one for a GR (michigan) wedding (she really will go anywhere, I'm getting married up north) SHE IS YOUR GIRL. She's super awesome, affordable, flexiable, professional and above all, she listens to you. We had a wonderful time doing our engagement pictures and she made me and my fiancee super comfortable. Doug (my fiancee) HATES getting his picture taken. He did great!! She made it comfortable and was talking and joking with him that he just lit up and he said he even had FUN. Check them out! I'm spreading the news like wild fire. I want people to have a great experience like I had and I look forward to having on our wedding day. Let her know I sent ya!

Her name: Jenna Rose Photography
    Her blog and our pictures: http://www.jennarosephotography.blogspot.com/2012/01/doug-sarah-engaged-grand-rapids-wedding.html
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Try Trosper Productions. They are linked with Ellie Hope Photopgraphy :)

Trosper Productions does Videography and he is AWESOME!!! Highly recommend him. Jason Trosper and Ellie work together as a package deal if you want to go that way.

http://www.trosperproductions.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards