Michigan-Grand Rapids

Photography help needed!

I am wondering what you are paying for your photographer? I found a woman who is willing to do 9 hours of my wedding day for $1150. This price also includes at least 25 prints for engagement photos. She said she shoots around 400 pictures, she then gives me the best 200 in an album. She also does a lot of digital enhancing and photoshop editing. She then also gives me a CD of all the pictures taken and edited with full copyright. I guess my question is... Is the price reasonable? and Is 400 pictures a lot? or too little?Thanks!

Re: Photography help needed!

• heather_rae90heather_rae90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From the photog. research I've done, I've found that quite a few take at least 1,000 images, and may go up to 2,000 or more. 400 seems a little bit dismal, in my opinion. :/ That's a good price though, and digital enhancements and editing are a plus, too! I remember reading one recent bride's post, and she was unhappy that her photographer didn't really edit anything. HTH!
  • shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP - I think 400 photos for the wedding is a little low - I think most photographers shoot around 1,000?  The digital and photoship editing is very important though, and I would highly suggest getting the full copyrights and CD whatever you do. Another great photographer with very reasonable pricing is LVL photography.  I can't view her website at work (no flash player), but check it out - her packages might be in your price range (they were when we looked into her).  http://www.lvlphotography.com/index2.phpHTH!
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• edited December 2011
    My photog took over 3000 pictures.  that is because she clicks away at every pose just in case someone isnt paying attention.  I payed her 1300 for min 350 proofs, bunch of: 8x10s, 5x7s, and 11x14 mounted print.  i also get copy rights to all the photos. check her out:www.clevrcreationsphotography.comalso her is the teaser from my weddinghttp://clevercreations.blogspot.com/2009/07/curt-and-chelsea-june-14th.htmlHTH
    Kennedy
  • d_dog6d_dog6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    400 does seem kind of low. My photog took that for just engagement pics. Her price is $1,200 for 8hrs of photography, unlimited pics, and a bunch of other stuff. Then about $150 if you want the rights to the pics. Her name is Brooke from Brooke Kathleen Photography, she is so fun and does awesome awesome work! www dot brookekathleen dot com. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    My photographer is Elaine Delange, she is charging us $1,200.  She takes around 1,400-2,000 photos, she does all day coverage, gives you the CD with the rights and coffee albums with the best 700 pictures from the day of in it.  She doesn't have a website, but she has fantastic work.  If you want her number feel free to contact me. laurel_22_(at)hotmail(dot)com
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much all of you! You helped a lot!!
  • edited December 2011
    yeah we took 400 for engagement pics.. (which is a lot for engagement pics).. feel free to contact my photographer... he will work with any budgetwww.heibelphotography.com
  • Mrsdevries828Mrsdevries828 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out www.memoriesbymandy.comshe does great work and you can create your own package. only taking 400 photos sounds like NOT that many to take in that amount of time....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards