Michigan-Grand Rapids

planning a wedding from California

Hi Ladies- I am planning our Kalamazoo area wedding from California.  We are getting married at my family cottage on Wal Lake next July.  I have started to research vendors.  Do you have any rec's for Photographers, caterers, tent rental companies, etc?Thank you so much!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: planning a wedding from California

• smile83839smile83839 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi thereSo, I am getting married in 10 days and have planned our southwest michigan wedding from utah - so, it can be done! At least you already have a location!Do you have budget ranges or ideas for the photographers/caterers you would like? These ladies have a ton of options, so it might be helpful to narrow it down...HTH,Lindsay
  • edited December 2011
    for a photographer....i would use kyle bultman...he is great and i can not say enough about him.. his website is http://www.kylebultman.com/index2.php?v=v1
  • edited December 2011
    I am also a barry County bride (Wall lake is beautiful). in regards to tents, look at Grand Rental Station out of Hastings. For caterer, we are using Adeline Leigh out of Grand rapids, photographer we are considering is a lady name Laura Munro based out of Hastings. if you can give me ideas on whgat your budget it is I can send you more ideas!
  • mbear511mbear511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Continental Pastries out of Battle Creek for our wedding cake and they have really great prices. I'm not sure if you are using chair covers but we are using Decorations Complete out of Portage and they have really reasonable rates as well. HTH!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Carter5.25.10 Charlotte 2.6.12
  • LaurelNormanLaurelNorman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your looking for a florist, I know Modern Day floral works with alot of out of state brides! I used them for my wedding, and they are INCREDIBLE! They are based out of Grand Rapids, but they travel!
  • edited December 2011
    Little slow but we are planning our vow renewal in MI from Florida. We are going with A-1 Rent All in Plainwell www.a1mich.com for our tent, china, tables, etc. They have great items and are super nice and helpful to work with. Prices seem to be about same as Taylor Rental and few others in the area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards