Michigan-Grand Rapids

Kalamazoo Brides?

Hi!I'm the last of my girlfriends to do the wedding thing.  All my chicas now have babies & can't help me out the way I helped them (dress shopping, site hunting, planning, bridal expos...).I was wondering...is there anyone else in the same boat?  Maybe we could make a Kalamazoo Bride Club or something and help each other in the planning, expos, and stuff.  For starters, I could really use some help in finding a dress.  ;)
Keep Moving Forward

Re: Kalamazoo Brides?

• edited December 2011
    Hi finalgirl, I am kinda in the same boat. I am the last one to get married, but I already have a family. My problem is that most of my friends arent here anymore. I know what I have been doing is working around the schedule of my friends and family. We did a dress thing a few weeks ago, and I did it based on their schedules. One of my girls couldnt make it because they had to go help their mom, but I opened it up so that their kids could come too. We used it as a way for us to get an idea of flowergirl dresses! It may not be ideal for you, but working with them will definately be a lot more fun then with someone you dont know. Especially when you shop for your dress, you want to be with someone who knows you and your style. I actually had some people with me who thought I looked great in this lace dress, but I thought looked like a huge doilie - definately not me. When it comes to shows and such, through the idea out there to your friends, and you might be surprised at those that are able to make it even if they have kids. Just make sure you give them plenty of notice.Good luck to you
  • finalgirlfinalgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the advice.  I really do appreciate it--believe me, I really do want my girlfriends involved.  The thing is--my girlfriends aren't stepping up.  I think everyone is wedding-ed out.  I've brought up the wedding dress shopping several times, but either they don't want to bring out their kids or they don't want to get a babysitter.  Honestly, the whole situation is a bit of a let-down.I just never imagined planning my wedding without girlfriends.  I thought fellow-brides might be a better & more fun option than planning alone.  :)
    Keep Moving Forward
  • edited December 2011
    finalgirl - I live in kzoo, but am having my wedding in GR (where all my family is) next April.  I have my 3 sisters as my moh, and bridesmaids and then my mom is involved too, so they are all very helpful for me.  I, however, do not really have any friends here in Kalamazoo (despite the fact that I have lived here for 7 years) and I have grown apart a bit from the ones that I still have left in GR.I would be happy to talk with you and toss around ideas, and help with shopping, etc.  If we click, then maybe we can each make a new friend.  I have some of my things set already like colors, reception site, my dress, bridesmaids dresses (just got those) and such, but there is so much more to do.  Plus I would be happy to help you out.If you're interested just e-mail me at mandm042010@ymail.com or reply to this.Marie
  • Pwitty2005Pwitty2005 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm not really in the same boat, but kinda. My fiance and I plan on a long engagement (2-3) years, so I'm trying not to drag my friends into helping with planning yet (though thankfully they seem excited!) Since it's a little early for me to make the major decisions, it sounds like fun to help you with yours. I'm planning to go to the bridal expo at Cityscape Events downtown Kalamazoo on October 2, if you wanna meet up there, just email me patricia.k.witten@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards