Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

St. Cecilia Music Society

We are considering using St. Cecilia as our reception site.  Has anyone been there for a reception or used this facility?  Any and all comments or reviews would greatly appreciated.Thank!Debbie

Re: St. Cecilia Music Society

• Options
    AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using the President's Room for our ceremony on October 24th.  I can say that Carla is very helpful and knowledgeable and quick with her responses.  They're also very willing to help you out and give you access to other areas if possible for photos.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i had my reception there on june 14th.  carla is wonderful but go with tons of questions even if it seems silly ask anyway.  the only problem i had was having a dance floor.  the head table had 11 people so we were in front of the windows which took up room for other tables and one table was put in the corner next to the stage by the stairs.  i felt guilty for that but needed to be able to accomodate a dance floor.  we went with branns and the only thing was we had to put the table cloths on the tables ourselves, luckily i had people who came to the wedding willing to help out and do that for us.  we were able to take pictures in the auditorium which turned out awesome.  again everyone is super nice and willing to help you anyway possible.   HYH!
    Kennedy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are getting married there april 24... we are using the presidents room for the ceremony and the ballroom for the reception.. carla is amazing
  • Options
    Zylstra0884Zylstra0884 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the comments.  This building seems great, I can't wait to check it out in person.
  • Options
    gummifaultiergummifaultier member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding reception there in July. It is beautiful. The only issue is that it is a bit echo-y, meaning that, for a music place, the sound carries a bit strangely. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but that was the only problem. I'd consider it if it held 200-250 people.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used the Dexter Ballroom in June 2007 and LOVED it! There are photos in my bio of the setup, and a vendor review too. Good luck :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am considering using the presidents room for our ceremony. I have actually been emailing her all morning with questions and she is very quick to answer. Who did you pick for the officiant and the music? I am going in between here and a chapel in Coopersville.
  • Options
    Zylstra0884Zylstra0884 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We actually haven't chosen an officiant or music yet.  We are very early in our planning.  What chapel in Coopersville?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Point of Grace...:-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards