Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Kilt rental, help please!

Hi ladies - We are getting married October 24, and the guys decided this weekend that they want to wear kilts! I'm all for this, but am trying to figure out where/how to rent them. So far the only place we've found is at Canterbury Villiage - they were very nice, but were not sure if they can supply us with matching tartans this close to the wedding date. Anyone know of anywhere else we can try? Has anyone ever used one of the online rental places? Thanks in advance! cross posted Lansing and Detroit

Re: Kilt rental, help please!

• Options
    clmcnicholasclmcnicholas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know of any place, however, I would suggest calling Alma College. I am an alum there and it is a Scottish school. I know they have a million kilts owned by the college, it's possible they might rent them. Otherwise, they might know of a place that does rent them. Try calling the alumni office, 989-463-7245. If they aren't able to help, I would try Bunny Tuxedo, usually if they don't have what you're looking for they know who does. HTH
  • Options
    heather_rae90heather_rae90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe a Knottie on here had a good experience with [url]http://www.atlantakilts.com[/url]. I've also found [url]http://www.kiltrentalusa.com/[/url]. I would try clmcnicholas' suggestions first, since her suggestions are local and will probably be easier to deal with. :)Best of luck!
  • Options
    lisastlisast member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! I will check them out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might want to contact the Scottish Merchant in Old Town Alexandria.  Admittedly they are located in VA, but when we used them, apparently they did ship and were competitively priced.  All of the guys ordered everything over the phone and everything turned out perfectly and on time. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards