Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Day of Coordinator

Just curious if any one is using a DOC or what their plan is? I emailed one and feel a lot of pressure to use her as a coordinator for the whole thing. we are on a really tight budget, and while I can set everything up that day, I really dont want to. Thanks in advance!

Re: Day of Coordinator

• Options
    ErinBrunErinBrun member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agonized over this decision and ended up not using a DOC. Our venue set up our tables/decorations. My florist offered to set up place cards, favors, etc. And I called on a few very close family friends that I trusted for some other details like moving flowers from church to reception, etc. Everything worked out perfectly. It depends on the team you have around you, my situation could be unique. If your venue isn't doing any of the set up you may want someone. If you're on a tight budget it is a tough decision! I would say start with the vendors you've already hired to see how far they extend their services before hiring someone new. HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using a good friend who was recently married.  She is great and is actually starting a wedding planning business for brides on a budget as she is very money savy.  Let me know if you'd like her contact information.
  • Options
    stefaniewstefaniew member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the above reply's. We aren't using a DOC since our vendors are decorating for us and we have some friends doing a few things. I would check with your vendors first to see what they offer or if they would do that for you. HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Laural, I ould love the info. Email it to me at chestr22@yahoo.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Could you give me her info too?  email me nephie07 at yahoo dot comTIA
    sad
  • Options
    clmcnicholasclmcnicholas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using a DOC, Laura with White Dress Events. She has been amazing throughout the whole process, and her advice has been awesome. Just today, 4 days before the wedding our reception site is pulling a bunch of crap and Laura offered to take care of setting everything right. It's so nice to have someone to take care of the stressful things a few days before, cause I certainly don't need to be dealing with this mess right now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am using Julie with AndyLous Flowers. She specializes in flowers, however, my friend also used her. She does a SUPER great job! Check her out!
  • Options
    npricelovenpricelove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I am usually on the Lansing board but I used a DOC.  She was excellent, she helped out so much and she even made a timeline for me and submitted it to all the vendors.  Her prices are very low.  My review is in my bio or her website is:www.abeautifuldayeventsmi.com
  • Options
    shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Day of Coordinators and I would DEFINITELY recommend it.  I don't know how our day would have come together without them - there is no way that my mom, my MIL, and myself could've set everything up on our own (especially since there was a wedding the day before at our reception site).  They also took every little worry off our shoulders on the day of - we didn't have to think about a thing.We used Ele3 Events and I would definitely recommend them - http://www.ele3events.com/I would also recommend Dee of Elements of Elegance - http://www.elementofelegance.com/
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using [url]www.abeautifuldayeventsmi.com[/url] as well. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards