North Carolina
Options

What to look for in a photographer article

http://www.alosangeleslove.com/2010/08/what-to-look-for-in-photographer.html?spref=tw

interesting article I came across.  I wonder if this has happened or exists here in NC?  I just know how much I looked forward to being blogged whether it be engagement photos or my wedding, so I couldn't imagine a photographer picking and choosing which weddings to post.
My Blog - My Bio - NC Bride Bio - Pro Video

Photo by Evoke Photography
image imageimageimageimageimage

Re: What to look for in a photographer article

• Options
    SassyPants150SassyPants150 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow that's interesting...I do recall checking out some blogs and thinking the same thoughts (Wow, I don't look like these girls).  Whether its true to some of the area photographers I'm not sure.  That does make you curious though!
    Favorite thing about fall...Florida Football!

What's cookin'? BFP: May 16, 2011 DD born January 19, 2012 | Chart BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary imageBabyName Ticker

• Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I saw that the other day.  It makes me glad we chose the photographer we did.  She doesn't blog everything because she's trying to show that she does more than weddings, but her blog is full of "real" people.
  • Options
    CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! I almost wish I'd read that earlier in my planning-process (not because my photographer doesn't blog real people, she blogs everyone and I love her!) but I think it would have made me less self-conscious about how I "needed" to look on my wedding day, seeing all the model-like brides on photography websites.

I was also actually thinking that about boudoir the other day... I was looking at a couple boudoir photographer's blogs and none of them had real women on them. I know that size 2s look great in lingerie, but I wanted to see how they would pose someone who is not a size 2 and perhaps has some love-handles from hitting the cheeseburgers a little too hard this summer...

That said, if anyone is looking for a photographer that can really capture the amazingness of weddings, I will always recommend my awesome photog Robin Lin. :)
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    janice1980janice1980 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow, all I can say is that is really f-up!  But sadly, not that big of a surprise!! 
    panther Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    birdcagebridebirdcagebride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_look-photographer-article?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:f240ede2-80c5-42c7-b221-5849b6c43d5aPost:0a7f3401-8f51-4901-8d4a-7f684f24b498">Re: What to look for in a photographer article</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow! I almost wish I'd read that earlier in my planning-process ( not because my photographer doesn't blog real people, she blogs everyone and I love her!) but I think it would have made me less self-conscious about how I "needed" to look on my wedding day, seeing all the model-like brides on photography websites. I was also actually thinking that about boudoir the other day... I was looking at a couple boudoir photographer's blogs and none of them had real women on them. I know that size 2s look great in lingerie, but I wanted to see how they would pose someone who is not a size 2 and perhaps has some love-handles from hitting the cheeseburgers a little too hard this summer... That said, if anyone is looking for a photographer that can really capture the amazingness of weddings, I will always recommend my awesome photog Robin Lin. :)
    Posted by CJ4578[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I've seen many boudoirs of friends that are not a size 2 (which neither am I, not by a long shot!! lol) and they were all amazing!!  If a photographer is good at what he/she does, they know the angles, what's flattering and edit you and have you still look like you (smoothing out skin/imperfections, etc)....with awesome hair/makeup and outfits of course! ;)  </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    My Blog - My Bio - NC Bride Bio - Pro Video

Photo by Evoke Photography
    image imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I came across a few photographers in Raleigh that I suspected of doing this.  There's no way that every one of their clients in the Triangle is a size 0 white woman!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards