Michigan-Grand Rapids

Frustrated..

My fiance called our reception site October 7 to book them. Our date was available, we were "down on the books" and our contract would be on its way (via e-mail). By October 15 we still had not received the contract so I called. The woman we've been corresponding with said she was a bit backed up & would have it out ASAP. As of Monday, Oct 26, no contract. My mom called, had to leave a message & asked if she could at least e-mail us a confirmation of the date. No call back & nothing yet received. Should I be frustrated by this or am I overreacting? And be honest Knotties :)

Re: Frustrated..

• AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, yes and no.  If you can't reach her via phone or email, then I would go down there.  The other question is, if they're being this difficult when you've promised to give them money.  How tough are they going to be when you DO give them money?
  • MrsJFountainMrsJFountain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know! I'm concerned that this is a preview of what's to come and I do NOT want to deal with that. The problem is that I live in Kalamazoo & this site is in Traverse City (long story). In the back of my mind I'm starting to consider reception sites in Kalamazoo. We were engaged this May & our wedding is planned for October 2, 2010. I don't want to look like an idiot for completely changing locations though!:-/
  • Spartan5Spartan5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would be frustrated, this is their job. Tough decision for you! Although I don't think I'd neccessarily cancel over this. Do you know anyone who has used this reception site?
  • AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MrsJ- Just look around for the best fit, and the best deal.  Don't fall in love with anything, because at the end of the day- it's just a place.  You have a year before the wedding, it's all right if you change the venue to get what you need.  Honestly, I changed my mind several times, and I planned my wedding in about 8 months.  most of the time, I was just twiddling my fingers. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards