Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Hair and Make up for Sunday wedding

I am getting married in Grand Rapids in May, but I'm not from the area. Does anybody know of a good make up artist and hair stylist who is available on a Sunday? I know most salons in the area are closed on Sundays, so it's been tough finding someone. Also, does anyone know of an affordable florist in the area? I'd appreciate any help!

Re: Hair and Make up for Sunday wedding

• Options
    shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married on a Sunday too, so I had the same issues as you.  There is one salon in the area that is open on Sunday (Heidi Christine's HIP), but for some reason I just didn't feel like that was the place for me, so I decided to look for a stylist/makeup artist to come to us.  I ended up bringing in my hair stylist from over here (by Detroit), so I can't give you a rec for that....  However, I would HIGHLY recommend Lindsey Smith for makeup - she is out of the GR area.  She will come to you...her prices are very reasonable, and she does an amazing job!!  Her website is in the "vendor reviews" link in my siggy below.

As far as flowers, I would recommend Dee from Elements of Elegance.  She works out of her home, which helps her to keep her costs very low.  She was able to do everything I wanted within my budget, which blew me away.  Her info is in my vendor reviews link as well.

HTH!
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• Options
    edited December 2011

I am using all tressed up, they go to your location. They are in Lansing, but I think they travel, not sure about Sundays, you'll have to check.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend ha makeup artist  Allison Bower (allisonbower.com) and Genisis  Salon (Rockford) do her hair. She looked beautiful.
  • Options
    melissamack01melissamack01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.artisticenhance.com (to check rates) and request alexis for airbrush. I think she travels to you, but you would have to call and check. She did my makeup and I felt like a celebrity :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards