Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

reception sites????

I'm looking for a wedding reception place around Grand Rapids, MI, that allows outside food. My mom and her sisters are going to be making all the food for everyone, so we don't need catering... but it's hard to find somewhere that allows outside food. And we want somewhere with a dance floor too. Does anyone have any ideas???

Re: reception sites????

• Options
    Amanda81509Amanda81509 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont know of anything specific (we had ours in Muskegon) but check VFW's, Knights of Columbus, other group halls like that. What about pavilions in parks? Also try the halls of churches... the fee might be a little higher for non-members but its definitely worth the savings of making your own food! If you dont find anything, try negotiating with some smaller name vendors- sometimes the reason they dont let you bring food in is because of liability- ppl getting sick. So you could try to see if you could have them write something up saying they are not liable should anything happen as a result of the food.  good luck!

• Options
    AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_reception-sites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:37dd0a7e-c013-4c55-a97f-f60cabdcce99Post:cf479d40-9e97-4967-830a-9a54964d24f8">Re: reception sites????</a>:
    [QUOTE]- sometimes the reason they dont let you bring food in is because of liability- ppl getting sick. So you could try to see if you could have them write something up saying they are not liable should anything happen as a result of the food.
    Posted by Amanda81509[/QUOTE]

There is definitely a reason people don't allow outside, non-pro vendors to do this kind of catering.  Insurance.  If you're really set on doing this (which I would highly recommend against) you are probably going to be looking at a park or a backyard kind of thing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi

there are some  places, such as church halls, k of c halls, byron center community center...i guess a more specific area would be more helpful in directing where you can go.
  • Options
    cbcouturcbcoutur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I was looking I think that the Grand Haven Comm. Center allowed outside food. They are reasonably priced and very nice facilities.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards