Michigan-Grand Rapids

Edible "Michigan" Favor Ideas

Hi ladies,

I was thinking of doing some edible favors and imagine it would be best to incorporate South Haven (our wedding location) or Michigan into them. Though, I'd like to keep below $1.50/piece. Any ideas? I could do Mak Island taffy in little bags or ideally fudge or chocolate, but I feel like it's so expensive! I like the other poster's cookie ideas.

Thanks!
Becky
Happily married in South Haven, MI on June 4, 2011.

Re: Edible "Michigan" Favor Ideas

• eandringaeandringa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    anything cherry or apple related I would think would work at well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • elamnopelamnop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw a cute idea on this site for apple name tag holders where they out a fake leaf on the stems of the green apples with peoples names and table numbers on them!  Good luck!
  • shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the fudge idea...check out the Mackinac Island Fudge shops' websites...I know that some of them do wedding favors specifically, and if I remember correctly, the pricing was somewhat close to what you're looking to spend.
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• edited December 2011
    South Haven has a Blueberry festival every year that draws tons of people into town. You could do something with that. If you're up for the challenge, you could make blueberry and/or cherry jam and put it in tiny jars, although finding a container that would work may bust your budget.

• edited December 2011
    I saw the apple thing too. They stuck a pretty pin into the apple that held the name/placeholder card. It was very cute!
  • edited December 2011
    What about having bottles of a locally brewed beer or a wine from a nearby winery?  Some of them might even let you design your own labels!

• beccaroomubeccaroomu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies - these are fantastic ideas. My fiance is into doing a special wedding brew at a Saugatuck Brewing Company. But, I'm a sweets/edible gal ;) I am going to look into the fudge and also blueberry ideas.
    Happily married in South Haven, MI on June 4, 2011.
  • Lorielle22Lorielle22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how many favor's you are in need of , but you could always make your own fudge and cut out shapes of Michigan's lower peninsula.  (I've seen the Michigan cookie cutters in several stores).  Wilton also carries a double heart cookie cutter.  Make 2 different kinds of fudge and put them together for your favor.  You can purchase small, decorative see through bags (50 per package) in the party section of your local Dollar Tree store to put them in.
    Here is what the Wilton cc looks like: http://www.sweetartfactory.com/i_463/Duo-Heart-Brownie-Cutter.htm
    Mother-of-the-Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards