Michigan-Grand Rapids

Western MI Bachelorette Ideas?

I'm planning a bachelorette party & the bride wants to go somewhere close to Lake Michigan where we're close to restaurants/bars, a beach, and driving distance to a winery. There are 6 of us total, and we'd like to rent a condo/house or hotel, depending on availability Aug 10-12, 2012.  Any ideas for a specific town or rental you can recommend?  I'm from out of town and most of us will be driving from Chicago, so somewhere within a few hours' drive would be ideal.

Re: Western MI Bachelorette Ideas?

• I would suggest Grand Haven!  The main street that all the restaurants are on is called Washington Avenue and there is a B&B called Harbor House that is located a block back from Washington (several other summer rentals are available in the area but I'm not sure how you locate these people - maybe Craigslist?) from there you are right across the street from the boardwalk and if you want to walk a few minutes you'll be right on the beach (which I suggest because parking can be a pain!).  I don't think the nightlife will live up to anything you have in Chicago but there are some great bars, the Kirby House has a dance club in the basement.

Feel free to private message me if you want more suggestions or info I lived in Grand Haven for 4 years :)
  • South Haven or Saugutuck would be nice.  We used vrbo to find a rental for my bachelorette party.  I would just go on there and see what you can find.  That should help you nail down a city too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I recommend St Joseph :) It's only about an hour and a half from Chicago, the Boulevard hotel is right on the Lake Michigan bluff, downtown, and has a great restaurant. Lemon Creek Winery is only 10 miles away in Berrien Springs, as well as Domaine Berrien Cellars. Founders Winery in Baroda is only 5 miles, as is Gravity. And my personal favorite is Tabor Hill Winery. They have a tasting center in dowtown Benton Harbor (2 miles) and their vineyard is 20 minutes away. They have a restaurant also. Good luck!
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • I definitely second Grand Haven! My hometown :) The beach is fantastic--one of the best secret beaches in the world (http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/best-secret-beaches-on-earth). You would be coming the weekend after the Coast Guard Festival, so you hopefully wouldn't run into too much trouble renting a place--but do it now (for any other town in West Michigan too--that is tourist season and things fill up quickly).  I am not a big wine person so I don't know about any specific wineries.  Grand Haven does have a couple of bars right next to each other though (Kirby, Rosebud, 22 Below, Tip-a-Few, etc.).  The Tip is a real townie bar :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't know why that link didn't work. Grr.

Just Google "Travel and Leisure Best Secret Beaches on Earth."

:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would recommend Grand Haven as well! If you're up for a longer trip, Traverse City has a lot of GREAT options...
  • I live in Muskegon. Grand Haven is nice but Saugatuck is even better! Lots of wineries and bars and things to do right there on the beach :) they even have a boat you can rent to take you out on the beach with a dance floor and everything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards