Michigan-Grand Rapids

Need help with summer colors for wedding!!!

I need some help with colors... We are planning on a Summer wedding but I am having a hard time picking colors out. I have always wanted a Black/Red/White wedding but seeing how we are doing a summer wedding I don't know if those would be the best. Any suggestions?!?!?! I know my husband to be loves the color Orange so then I was thinking Red/Orange/Yellow... HELP please! =)

Re: Need help with summer colors for wedding!!!

• edited December 2011
    Ohh yes. Red,orange, and yellow is great summer colors! Very beachy or tropical. If you wanted to do black, white and red throw in some yellow too. The yellow will really be summery and theres lots of flowers that can help with the yellow. Im doing Tiffany blue (aqua mostly) and chocolate brown for my late spring wedding. I think that could also be summery too. Anything will really work, just dont use too many warm colors or else it might come off as a fall or winter wedding. Throw in a cool color somewhere to keep it summer. Hope this helps!
  • shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was looking around on snippet & ink's blog for some inspiration boards with these colors.  I stumbled across this one and I absolutely LOVE the color scheme - I think this would look absolutely fabulous, if it's an option for you....  http://snippetandink.blogspot.com/2009/10/board-436-peach-and-flame.html

You can also look around at some of their other inspiration boards to get ideas. 
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• 1xBitten2xshy1xBitten2xshy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I love the same colors as you; always picking out black and white.  I'd say if you like the colors, use them.  You know not many others will be at that time of the year.  And cherries are red and come out during the summer, so it is a summer color!  I'm having black and light blue with white polka dots.  No reason not to have black.

Good luck, and enjoy yourself in the planning process!

Rhonda
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for the help! I have thought about doing Black, Pink, and Orange too. I know I want black in the colors. I am going for a romantic feeling but also fun. I just feel like I should do Orange cause it is his favorite color. Who knows maybe he doesn't care and wants me do whatever I love!
    Thank you again girls! Big help!

Samantha
  • AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    See, I'm not one of those people who care about the season/colors matching.  I say you should have what you want. :)

That being said, I have seen SO many poorly done black white and red weddings that I automatically have an aversion to it.  Don't stress about the colors, really!  There are lots of other things that will get to you in the end if you do!
  • amycamilleamycamille member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love orange as a summer color...that's what my fiance and I had planned on when we were thinking about a summer wedding...Tangerine is really nice with a bright pink. Just an idea.
  • n5cuttingn5cutting member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love pink, yellow, and orange.  They say "summer" for me.  Or Aqua and orange might be nice. 
  • aug2010wedaug2010wed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the pink - orange - black idea! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards