Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

A reception hall that allows you to use your own caterer!

Does anyone know of any reception halls that allows you to use your own caterers or know the best place to find them.

Re: A reception hall that allows you to use your own caterer!

• Options
    rosesarefreerosesarefree member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Community Center in Grand Haven. I haven't seen it yet in person, but my sister who used to own her own catering business says they have a very nice kitchen there as well. Good luck. venues that let you use your own caterer are not easy to find!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know Frederik Meijer Gardens has a list of approved caterers outside of their own catering service. Not sure if that was what you were looking for, but it's something to look into!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    b0710b0710 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Post family farms in Hudsonville allows your own caterer, but it would be an outside venue, so they would have to either cook on site with a grill or bring it all prepared.  I looked for this same option and it was nearly impossible.  Good luck!
  • Options
    jeffrzfamilyjeffrzfamily member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a really cute community building called 'The Barn' in the Prairie Winds subdivision in Zeeland, which any caterer could use.  I went to a wedding there in the fall that was just gorgeous! Adeline Leigh catered it. 
  • Options
    mlillismlillis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to the Rockford Sportsman's Club and bringing my own caterer! ;) http://www.rockfordsportsmansclub.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ajsbrs2011ajsbrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check all local community centers and American Legions.  I had the same problem in trying to bring in my own caterer, cake and beverages.  I decided to go with the Greenville Community Center and I have heard good things about the American Legion in Rockford.
  • Options
    emnnickemnnick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My reception is at Sherman Banquet Center in Muskegon. They don't have catering there anymore, so I was able to have my favorite restaurant cater for just under $11/plate!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lorielle22Lorielle22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a new banquet facility in Wyoming, Mi. that allows you to use either their caterers or bring in your own.  We were there tonight and fell in love with the place and the price. Here is their link: http://lahaciendabanquethall.com/index.html
    Mother-of-the-Bride
  • Options
    kwreckskwrecks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A really awesome banquet facility is Fricano's Event Center in Muskegon.  It can hold up to 500 people, but it's beautiful and they will let you bring in your own caterer.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Anyone know of a nice hall to rent in the grand rapids area. I have seen some but they look a bit trashy. ;/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards