Michigan-Grand Rapids

Beach Wedding

Hi ladies! My fiance and I would like to get married on the beach of lake Michigan. I have checked Grand Haven and Hoffmaster state parks but they arent able to give me any fees or the use permit because the ceremony will be next may, so I would have to wait until the first of the year to contact them.  Then that gives me only 5 months to find a reception venue. Does anyone have any other ideas of where we could get married on lake Michigan. Thanks for the help!

Re: Beach Wedding

• edited December 2011
    Maybe try some beach house that's for rent, then get married some place on the beach thats not too far to walk, for the elder guest you may have.

hth
    Jenny
    :)
  • AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Camp Blodgett is one, and if you're willing to travel to St. Joe, they have a lot of nice places there as well, at the bandshell, etc.
  • monkey0919monkey0919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.venturapinescottage.com

You can get married on the beach but the stairs to go down are steep.  We eventually decided to use the bluff overlooking the beach and Lake Michigan b/c some of my grandparents would not be able to walk down the stairs.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies I have actually tried all the places listed. Ventura Pines cant accomodate the number of guests I have coming and Camp blodgett is very expenive. I have tried several beach houses and they also wont be able to accomodate 150 guests. Thanks for the help.
  • edited December 2011
    Try The Headlands in Mackinaw City, MI.
  • angeljoy222angeljoy222 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married next weekend at Bayfront Park in Petoskey. It's a waterfall area by the beach, but Petoskey has other options too that are right on the beach. I also have to highly recommend the Perry Hotel for the reception, it is absolutely gorgeous and they have been super helpful and nice so far planning everything. Good luck!
  • karenwjackmkarenwjackm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Silver Beach and Rocky Gap beach in St. Joe area are run by the county and cost $275 (I think). Tiscornia and Lions Park Beach are run by the city of St. Joe, not sure on the cost, but all beautiful places.
    As my fiance is fond of saying, "Just Relax....."
  • kelseydjameskelseydjames member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The State Park in Ludington is really popular, and it's only 100 bucks. It's the shoreline of Lake Michigan, it's gorgeous, and tons of parking along the street.
  • Crstina05Crstina05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Any park in Muskegon is only $100.  You need a "special" permit for larger parties but its not a big deal.  They have weddings at the beaches all of the time.  We live in Muskegon and love the beach but want a different type of ceremony so are going with another park.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards