Michigan-Grand Rapids

Grand Volute Ballrooms

Anyone have any info about Grand Volute? Is it worth the money? I am thinking about this venue for my wedding/reception but want another persons opinion on it.

Re: Grand Volute Ballrooms

• jleigh1902jleigh1902 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Grand Volute. They have a special if you get married in the "off" season (Nov-April, I think). We decided to take advantage of that. Otherwise we wouldn't have been able to afford it. We haven't tried the food yet but I've had people tell me it's excellent.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there this summer. The food was great and service/set up was excellent, although I don't know what they paid for it.
  • edited December 2011

Have you looked into Kent Country Club? That is where my Fi and I are getting married. Super inexpensive, and has sort of the same atmosphere as the Grand Volute.

• edited December 2011
    Grand Volute is amazing!!  They know what they are doing that is for sure, and it is so beautiful.  I don't know prices off the top of my head, but if my Fiance and I were getting married in GR we would of done it there. 
    Valarie Visit The Nest!
  • jeniharrisjeniharris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recently did a walk through with them and it is beautiful! They have packages that are all inclusive for the regular months and one for the off months. Problem is that if you are going to have more than 150 people then you have to add between $40 - $60 per person over. But it includes the DJ, food, set up and tear down, free shuttle to hotels on 2th St., the "phantom piano", 4 hours of bar, wedding cake and free cake cutting, wedding ceremony on the stairs and EVERYTHING! The staff is really nice too. If you call Jan at the location she can set up a walk through with you (we saw a wedding reception that was all set up) and she can go over everything with you as she is also the wedding planner that comes in the package as well. To do a taste testing it is like $200 dollars, but they do everything as full meals and serve you with tuxes and white gloves. Very nice and well worth it. Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards