North Carolina

Venue Help As Well....

I am having a hard time finding a venue that is not an arm and leg for both my ceremony and reception.  My date has now changed to October 1, 2011.  I have a caterer, an officiate, flowers, cakes but no venue for it all.  Is there anywhere in the Durham/  Chapel Hill area where I can have a little over 100 guests, serve my own alcohol and have my own caterer?  I know this is last minute but my guest list grew thus forcing me to find another place.  I'm hoping I don't have to postpone our wedding!

Re: Venue Help As Well....

• NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Meh, I wouldnt really call this last minute :) However, I wouldn't dwell on it too long either.

What's your ideal budget range and location area? What about style?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • KalithiaKalithia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As far as location I want it to be in either Durham, or chapel Hill.  I'll take into consideration Raleigh.  I don't want to spend more than $1000 since I have my own caterer.  I want the ceremony to be outside if possible and I want the reception to be on like a porch setting.  This way I can have a Plan B in place.  Being that a lot of places are booked or booking I'm not too picky!
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure how much they cost, but The King's Daughters Inn in Durham lets you use your own Caterer:

• NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    How many hours are you wanting as well? I forgot to ask that earlier.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    You can try:
    The Barn at Valhalla (Southern Village area south of Chapel Hill)
    Rotary Club , Sertoma Club, Ruritan Club, Moose Lodge (etc)
    Rigsbee Hall (Durham downtown)
    Hotels like the Marriot and Civic Center (Durham downtown) - don't know if you can use an outside caterer there but it's worth checking if you haven't
    City Park you love

Just a few ideas.  Hope this helps!! :-)
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    River Ridge is a popular venue and its not expensive. You can bring in your own catering and they have a really nice outdoor pavilion.
    Photobucket

• KalithiaKalithia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all for the advice!!!
    i was actually about to book King's Daughter Inn but my guest list grew.  I really wish I could still use it.  They were great.
    Called the Barn at Valhalla and they were booked for my date but it is ok.
    I eventually found Carol's Garden Inn in Durham.  For $1000 I pretty much get the whole B&B but now I have to find my own tables, chairs and all the stuff that goes with it.  Since I'm military I can get the chairs and tables from the armory as long as nothing else is going on for free.  They are those metal crappy folding chairs so I  have to find covers for them and the tables.

Thank you all so much for your help on the venue so now what about inexpensive rentals???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards