Michigan-Grand Rapids

Inexpensive Banquet halls in GR

My wedding budget is 5K! Not engaged yet but starting to figure things out, especially with such a small budget.  Not sure what I can find within my budget.

Re: Inexpensive Banquet halls in GR

• Check out VFW halls they usually rent for cheap--its also helpful if you know someone who is a member! Mine is at a hotel and I paid $850 for a ballroom, thats fairly cheap as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check with halls, churches (gyms) or even parks that you can rent out shelters. Some have daily fees that are fairly cheap while others may have hourly. Its do-able!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Keep in mind, if you aren't Dead set on a Saturday wedding, you maybe able to save on a Sunday Wedding...You can check out the area parks...Grotto Park, Fallsburg Park, Morningside Park are a few I know http://www.weddingceremonyvows.net Kenneth Kibby has married people at..and their reception was also held. He has some links of area places on his website to check out..
  • Wabasis lake campground through kent county parks is perfect its 495 for the full day and there is an area you can have your ceremony however they book fast if you go to access kent you can find pictures of it. They just re did the inside, and you can use any caterer! the only down fall is you have to be out by 10!
  • rachelface03rachelface03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    i searched and searched because i was thinking the same budget. i found the Grand Rapids Masonic center. 1050 to rent the banquet hall and ampitheatre for the ceremony. the caterers they require are reasonable so depending on the amount of guests you could easily keep it near budget. I calculated around 4000 for room and food for around 200 people using branns catering from their list, good luck!  :)
  • Thanks!  We've been able to up our budget a bit and found a venue!  We are going with CityFlats Hotel in Grand Rapids.  The venue is gorgeous and we were able to cut off $1000 of the room rental by doing the wedding in March instead of April.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards