Michigan-Grand Rapids

Newly engaged and newly relocated!!!

Hello everyone! I just got engaged :)  Right after the engagement, I was offered a job across the country. We are now trying to plan a wedding in Michigan from a different state.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this??!! 

We know our budget and we would like an outdoor theme, but not on the beach.  Any advice you have to give would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

Re: Newly engaged and newly relocated!!!

• edited December 2011
    I would definitely look into hiring a wedding planner who can be your advocate in meetings with vendors while you are away. 

This may be out of your budget, so I'd recommend possibly making a few weekend trips to wherever you're moving and do massive plan days in that city. I think it's important to meet vendors face to face. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • rosesarefreerosesarefree member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are having our ceremony at Central Park in Grand Haven and holding the reception at the community center across the street. Also, the community center allows you to bring in any licensed bartender service and caterer which really opens up your options. Grand Haven in the summer is so beautiful and fun, and you could get beach pictures if you wanted without having to hold your ceremony there.

Photobucket
  • akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I agree with PPs... a wedding planner would definitely be a huge help. But if you want to do it yourself, start researching and planning a few trips out here now. The girls on this board have compiled a good sized list of recommended vendors (check the sticky thread at the top of this board). Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what area you're interested in, but Thornapple Pointe (golf course) has a new pavillion that is indoors but has an outdoorsy feel for a reception. http://thornapplepointe.com/outings-and-banquets/banquet-menus
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards