Michigan-Grand Rapids

Tux Question (Mens Wearhouse)

I am taking my fiance to Mens Wearhouse tomorrow for his tux. My dress is champagne and ivory. Now do I have him wear a champagne colored vest? My bm's have truffle colored dresses (brown). The gm wear brown (truffle)...? What about my ringbearer(son)? & my father? What about the girlfriend? Same color as my dad and my fiance's dad? I heard so many different things...just want to make sure it's correct!:-) Thanks!

Re: Tux Question (Mens Wearhouse)

• 1xBitten2xshy1xBitten2xshy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In all honesty, it is what you want.  My friend's dress was ivory and her husband's shirt was white (he didn't wear a tux).  Actually, the same with me (but my FI is wearing a tux.

I saw another post where someone was asking who should wear what, as in the dads looking different.  Mine will all be the same.  Some have the dads wearing different color vests than the rest, and the groom wears white/ivory.  It really is what you like.

Good luck!
  • shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It really is just about what you want!!!  However, if you would like some advice...here are my suggestions.  :)

I am taking my fiance to Mens Wearhouse tomorrow for his tux. My dress is champagne and ivory. Now do I have him wear a champagne colored vest? I think that would look nice.  Maybe do ivory if they don't have champagne?  My bm's have truffle colored dresses (brown). The gm wear brown (truffle)...? If they have brown tuxes, I think that would look awesome.  Maybe do a solid brown vest for them, and a tie that somehow brings in your other wedding color(s)?  What about my ringbearer(son)? I would probably put him in the exact mini version of what your FI is going to be wearing!  & my father? You can have your father wear a regular black tux and maybe just rent him a tie that has some of your wedding colors in it (that's what we did).  What about the girlfriend? Same color as my dad and my fiance's dad? Not sure about this...I would think she could wear whatever, as long as it's not the same color as the BM's.   I heard so many different things...just want to make sure it's correct!:-) Thanks!
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• edited December 2011
    Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards