Michigan-Grand Rapids

ceremony/reception

Hi, Im looking for a place to have the ceremony and reception in one place. I live in Grand Haven, but I am willing to have the wedding in or near grand rapids. Any suggestions? We are going to be paying for it ourselves and will be having around 200 people. =)

Re: ceremony/reception

• Check out Trillium Banquet and Conference Center in Spring Lake. You can get married in their gazebo.
  • Thanks, that place looks great.
  • I've been to a wedding at the Trillium and it's owned by the Gillmore collection, which I love, but this wedding had a pig roast and the food was terrible!  So don't pick that if you go with the Trillium, also they were EXTREMELY strict about drinking.  My friend was told that if her groomsmen showed up drunk they would not be allowed in to the reception :/

I'm having the ceremony and reception at the same place, and it will be at the Harbourfront Grand Hall above Porto Bello in Grand Haven.  I also talked to The Lake House and Dockers, but didn't like the banquet coordinators.
  • Do they allow drinking, or is it just really strict? I would like to have a bar.

• We are using Spring Lake Country Club...the wedding is in a grassy area by the lake and their banquet room is beautiful and big!
  • MsLindseySueMsLindseySue member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    We're having both ceremony and reception at the Frederik Meijer Gardens in GR.  There are a lot of places around that you can do both.  I'm not sure how many people fit in the Goei center, but that looked pretty cool set up for a wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards