Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

NWR - Allegiant Airlines

Hey fellow GRR brides!!  I work in the airline industry and recently heard that Allegiant airlines is closing down their crew base here in GRR.  That means that they used to have flight crew based in GRR but they will not any longer, therefore those crews will originate out of other cities.  With that being said, please be very very careful if you decide to book honeymoon travel with Allegiant, since they pulled their crew base I'm not sure if that means they will pull service or not.  I heard they closed the base in GRR because the ground operation was poorly run, if that is the case don't be suprised if they just pull out of GRR completely soon.  Just an FYI for brides who might have future reservations or thinking of booking with them.  Also, AirTran and Allegiant are not the same company, so don't worry if you have a booking with them.  Just a heads up since I heard it from my FI (who is also an airline employee) and a few other co-workers. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NWR - Allegiant Airlines

• Options
    edited December 2011

As of October they will no longer have a crew based in GRR, but plan to still fly to and from Orlando, Tampa, Vegas, and Phoenix.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_nwr-allegiant-airlines?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:95Discussion:c42ac83a-87ea-41af-870f-5a8808155a8aPost:274b5803-c96e-4e11-ae0a-80f074d4053f">Re: NWR - Allegiant Airlines</a>:
    [QUOTE]As of October they will no longer have a crew based in GRR, but plan to still fly to and from Orlando, Tampa, Vegas, and Phoenix.
    Posted by lindseygermond[/QUOTE]

yes...but don't be suprised when they pull out of GRR completely.  This is the third most expensive airport in the nation as far as gate space and landing fees are concerned, they cannot afford it.  Just a warning to keep in mind if you plan on using them in the future. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards