Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Mosiac Space.......????

My fiance and I checked out Mosiac space as a possible reception site.  We were impressed and it has now jumped to the top of the list.  Does anyone have any first hand experiance with them..?  it would be greatly appreciated. everything looks good in photos?  but ya never know!

Re: Mosiac Space.......????

• Options
    shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have second-hand knowledge of them and their service, and it's NOT good, trust me.  I'm sending you a private message right now with the details....

**Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea... I had called them to ask a few questions and the person who answered did not seem very knowledgeable.  We choose not to go with them because they could not hold more than 200 or more people and we needed around 250.  

It does look like a nice place to have a party though.
  • Options
    RizzO18RizzO18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    shardes, would you also mind sending me the message?

i've checked it out as a potential space (only on the website) but I LOVE the look the of the place and the loft feel. but i'd love to hear what you have experienced/heard.

If not there, I've also looked at Goei Center (again, only on the website).

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    RizzO - you've got a PM!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't know how recently Shards worked with them, but I heard Mosaic space got a new event coordinator a few months ago. So things may have changed since then. :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_mosiac-space?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:cfe77fda-e13a-46ea-8e14-945323636b7aPost:ddbcac5a-3e69-436e-8ef8-694679476bda">Re: Mosiac Space.......????</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't know how recently Shards worked with them, but I heard Mosaic space got a new event coordinator a few months ago. So things may have changed since then. :)
    Posted by daydreamwanderer[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this experience was from just under a month ago.  :(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We met with them and loved the space.  But then we sat down to figure out details before signing a contract.  That is when it got sticky.  Please note...the all inclusive is not what it seems.  They serve you with delux paperware (i.e. the hard plastic plates, cups, and silverware...for 150 ppl we needed to add $850 to have actual plates).  Also, when they say bring your own bar they really mean it...i.e. even after we paid 850 for dishes...that didn't include the bar..you must bring napkins, cups, ice, liqour, beer, containters to keep it cool, etc...literally everything but the counter and the two ppl that stand there). 

Basically, be sure you are ready to be involved with every detail, on top of every detail, and that you are prepared to go over budget.  We decided not to go with them for these reasons.  Felt that we could pull off a good reception there, but felt that they weren't very upfront about all the charges unless we asked...so we passed in favor of a more worry free reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards