Michigan-Grand Rapids

Need A Reception Site, Southwest Michigan

I know this board says Grand Rapids, but there isn't one for us southwest MI brides--which sucks, btw. My fiance and I live in St. Joseph, right on Lake Michigan. We are desperately searching for a low-cost reception site that will work for then end of October (next year). We know Michigan weather, at that time it could be hot, mild, or snowing all in the same day. So we're needing an indoor site, preferably less than $1000. I've looked everywhere! There are plenty of $1k and up sites, but there's no way we can afford that.

Does anyone know of a close-by (within 30 minutes of St Joe) and NICE reception space for approx. 100 people for under $1k? HELP?!?!!
Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart

Re: Need A Reception Site, Southwest Michigan

• edited December 2011
    We're having our reception at Foundry Hall in South Haven.  They only charge $850 for an 8am - 2am rental.  Tables & chairs aren't included - you have to rent those on top of the $850.  No caterer or bartender requirements - you book your own (which I think is a far more cost effective option).

It's a little bit of an unconventional space in that it mainly functions as a concert hall but they do a handful of weddings there each year.  There's a handful of Foundry Hall wedding photos floating around out there of photographer blog sites.

This place was perfect for us.  We're hiring a live band and this place has a stage (which most people use for their head table), sound system and lights - use of all of that stuff is included in the rental.  No need to rent all that equipment!

Check them out at: foundryhall.com
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_need-reception-southwest-michigan?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:dccd72cd-083a-4ddb-8931-7039a50acee3Post:2f7263db-1044-4692-ac46-714747674ac1">Re: Need A Reception Site, Southwest Michigan</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're having our reception at Foundry Hall in South Haven.  They only charge $850 for an 8am - 2am rental.  Tables & chairs aren't included - you have to rent those on top of the $850.  No caterer or bartender requirements - you book your own (which I think is a far more cost effective option). It's a little bit of an unconventional space in that it mainly functions as a concert hall but they do a handful of weddings there each year.  There's a handful of Foundry Hall wedding photos floating around out there of photographer blog sites. This place was perfect for us.  We're hiring a live band and this place has a stage (which most people use for their head table), sound system and lights - use of all of that stuff is included in the rental.  No need to rent all that equipment! Check them out at: foundryhall.com
    Posted by d0roell[/QUOTE]

Ha! I grew up in South Haven! My parents still live there. I thought about the Foundry, but decided on a venue where my fiance and I live now--St. Joseph. Got a great deal on our place and it includes all the things that would've broken the budget if we'd had to rent them.

Congratulations to you!
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • goodnitestarsgoodnitestars member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where was the place you chose?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards