Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

What would you do? Long sorry

I am not sure if I should give my photographer a break or start looking for someone new. I have been trying to schedule my engagement pictures for over a month now. She continues to cancel less that 24 hours ahead of time due to weather. I understand we have snow but its Michigan folks. We get snow every year. If we wait for "perfect" weather we will never get pictures. Plus I am having breast reduction in January and I am trying to get this in before surgery. Now we are supposed to do pictures tomorrow and she told me she would let me know what time and where this weekend. Pictures are in less than 24 hours and i still haven't heard from her. Sent her an email this afternoon asking her when and where and she still hasnt responded. I am beginning to think I need to find a new photographer. She had great reviews on here so I am just wondering if its just bad timing for her or if she is this wishy washy all the time. What do you think I should do????

Re: What would you do? Long sorry

• Options
    akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I would probably start looking at other options. Especially if you want them done in the next few weeks. It wouldn't hurt to put in a few phone calls to see if anyone else is available.

Has she explained why she has been cancelling? Is it just the weather?
  • Options
    barbara1312barbara1312 member
    edited December 2011
    I would get someone new.  For my daughter's wedding a few years ago we went with a photographer who also had great reviews on here, and gave her the benefit of the doubt after a mix up (hers) with the engagement photos.  What we considered poor communication and follow through didn't get better after the wedding.  We were very frustrated. 

In the end, we did get  nice pictures, but the hassle wasn't worth it.  If you're having bad vibes now, unless she can give you some really good reasons, find someone new.
  • Options
    shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That really stinks, I'm sorry.  I would give her one more chance, and then I would probably start looking for someone new.  Did she end up getting back to you?  How did things turn out?
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• Options
    SusanK77SusanK77 member
    edited December 2011
    Well I have tried to ask her to move them indoors. I said the location, time and day was completely up to her. After still hearing nothing from here less than 12 hours before pictures were supposed to be done I finally wrote her and expressed my concerns such as I am not understanding what went wrong with communication and I can't handle the unknown. I need someone with a very set schedule. My FI and I were completely fine with the snow. I left all the artistic stuff up to her to make the pictures work. She replied back to my email very rude actually and said she doesn't know what to tell me she tried to email me 4 times this week and never heard anything from me. Ok how come all of a sudden I'm not getting her emails. Plus if you are working for me essentially and want the money from my business why wouldn't you call me. She has both mine and FI cell numbers. She could have tried a little harder in my opinion. Since she got the attitude with me about "not sure what to tell me guess we just didn't work out". Ok is she a professional or someone breaking up with your middle school boyfriend. I am so irritated but I can't let it get me down I'm just thankful I found out before the wedding.  
  • Options
    akhensley81akhensley81 member
    edited December 2011

Yeah, no kidding. Check the vendor recommendations thread at the top of the board for more ideas. I used Clever Creations and Kelli (the owner) was absolutely amazing.

• Options
    shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Susan - What photographer is this?  I am curious and I think other brides would like to know as well...
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry your photographer is being so unprofessional. Personally, I wouldn't put up with it after everything she's put you through. While your wedding is only one day of your life, it's also an incredibly important day. When I was picking out my vendors, I felt like the photographer was the most important vendor for my fiance and me. My wedding is next summer and we haven't done our engagement pictures yet, so I can't provide a review of my photographer yet.

I agree with Rachel - I think we fellow Knotties would like to know who this unprofessional photographer is. Vendor reviews are for both negative and positive comments and I know I would want to know who to avoid! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards