North Carolina
Options

No More Costa Rica HM :(

FI and I talked a lot this weekend about what we want to do on our HM. After hearing advice about CR, we've come to the realization that we do want to go to Costa Rica one day, but we don't think we can feasbily get the trip we want (ie, relaxation, veg out on a beach with maybe an activity here or there) in a 7-10 day trip.  I feel like going to CR for just a week (or even 10 days) doesn't give much time to hit the major hot spots (Arenal, Monteverde, Maunel Antonio, etc) and neither one of us wants the hassle of moving around several times after the wedding.  We are heeding others' advice that we will be too exhausted after the big day.

So that being said, we're considering Mexico, Puerto Rico, pretty much anywhere in the Caribbean with a beautiful beach, some good diving nearby, and maybe other activities that we could do if we wanted to.  I know a lot of people have done St. Lucia on this board and others have done Caribbean islands as well.  Could you recommend your AI (if you did one) and let me know what acitivites you did while you were there? TIA!
imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: No More Costa Rica HM :(

• Options
    grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Britney - YGM on facebook. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Grace! YGM on FB back :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brittany - we just did St. Lucia and looooooooooooooooved it!!! I am a bit swamped but if you send me an e-mail I can reply later with some info on our trip if you are interested.
  • Options
    alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Diving in Cozumel was incredible!  There was so much wild life. The coral was a awesome.  They have carvens and caves that you can swim through.  It was just fantastic!  You can check out my pictures on facebook.  I'll look up the names of the dives sites in my logbook when I get home.

I have never been to PR, but was told it had great diving as well.  Some of our friends went and said it was one of their favorite places to dive now.

Another suggestion would be the British VI.  FI spent 17 days on a boat around the BVI diving.  He talks about it all the time.  He's been diving all over the world, and that was one of his favorite spots.  I've never been there, but the way FI talks about it, it has to be amazing!
  • Options
    alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok, FI just got all excited when I asked him about BVI.  He says that if you go, you need to go to Devils Bay at the baths on Virgin Gorda.  There are huge boulders on the beaches and it's not as crowded.  It's paradise in every sense of the word.  You can get to it by land, but he says going to it by boat it just spectacular and fun.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooooh those pictures are to die for!  Thanks for the input :)

And Jessica, I don't think I have your email address :(
  • Options
    jenlt21jenlt21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

My FI and I went to BVI - Tortola and Virgin Gorda - on a cruise last year and fell in love.  The Baths on Virgin Gorda are indescribably beautiful.  We definitely want to go there on our HM.  Also, there's an island in BVI called Peter Island with a really nice all-inclusive (it's the only thing on the island).  There are regular ferries from Peter Island to Virgin Gorda and Tortola.  Also, ferries from Tortola to St Thomas and St John.  As you can see, I can't say enough good things about BVI.  Definitely check it out!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    not sure about AI but here are the list of islands I have been and loved!

Aruba, Curacao, Barbabos, St. Lucia,
  • Options
    apfoster05apfoster05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Britney i just realized who you are!!!! We went to college together and we are from the same hometown!!

I didnt know you were getting married too!! Congrats!

I used to date John Martin(haha)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards