North Carolina
Options

Completed Projects -- lots of PIPs

I haven't posted pics of the things I've finished in a while so I figured I'd mash them all into one post. 

Invitations (from Hallmark) -- a lot simpler than the cardpockets I originally planned, but much cheaper, less hassle, and I realized they are going to get thrown in the (hopefully) recycle bin (rather than the trash!) within a few weeks anyway:

Address labels free from Vistaprint.  I know I botched all sorts of etiquette ruies, but frankly, I don't care :) 

Photoshare cards -- I may have posted our design before, but here are the cards (also free from Vistaprint):

Just finished our card box (modeled after Knottie BecW2be's box, although not as professional looking).  I discovered I'm not great at free hand paint-writing, but I think it looks ok:

And , bathroom baskets:

These ended up a lot more expensive to make and fill than I planned, but I love the idea so I just went with it. 

And finally, our most recent mockups of our centerpieces, with flameless candles (2/$1 at Dollar Tree --I ran them overnight for at least 12 hours and they were still going strong).  We are meeting with the florist in a few weeks, so I will see if she can recommend some cost effective flowers to incorporate instead of using fake; and may still add a few other elements, but we'll see as we move along!

It is nice to have lots of little stuff knocked out!

Re: Completed Projects -- lots of PIPs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I really love your bathroom baskets and the center pieces. And if it makes you feel any better, I used the Dollartree lights as well at my wedding and didn't have a single problem. They ran through the whole wedding and are still working! I do recommend checking every one, though, before the wedding day because I had a couple that just refused to work even after a few hard jiggles - brought em back to the store for an exchange. But other than that, they worked perfectly!

I used fake flowers for my centerpieces because it was hard to incorporate flowers that weren't going to wilt out of the water (like hydrangeas). I don't know about mums, though. I think the centerpieces look great the way they are, so whatever you decide I'm sure it'll be beautiful.
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Very nice.  I like the pumpkin idea, and your centerpieces are very cool. 
  • Options
    tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great idea with the pets and the save the date cards!  I have two cats and I think I will honestly be able to say that they slept through the wedding!  Thanks for the inspiration.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow Beth...everything looks great!  Congrats on having lots of things checked off the long list, too!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome Beth! You've been busy, I feel a bit behind compared to you since we have the same date. :) Someday I'll start all the signs I've decided to do and the welcome baskets and all the other stuff on my list...

Where did you get that awesome pumpkin? I've been looking for a birdcage but no luck on a decently-priced one so far. And I think  your pumpkin looks great!
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    janice1980janice1980 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow, everything look great.  You have been busy!
    panther Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_completed-projects-lots-of-pips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:f8aad851-bf33-4fdb-8a90-e2785827ecafPost:6dee2f0b-a5b3-4ae3-824c-dcceadfe2465">Re: Completed Projects -- lots of PIPs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where did you get that awesome pumpkin? Posted by CJ4578[/QUOTE]

The pumpkin is frmo Michaels--it is $20 normall, but I know it was 30% off this weekend, and you can always use one of the 40% off coupons.  I just used acrylic paint, and a utility knife to cut the slot out.
  • Options
    alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everything looks great!  Good job!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Look's great! I've always loved Bec's pumpkin, it was one of my fav things from her bio.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards