Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Kalamazoo/Lawrence Vendors?

Chair & table covers?  Caterers?  Flowers?  I would love to know of some recommendations for the Van Buren/Kalamazoo area.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Lizzi
Keep Moving Forward

Re: Kalamazoo/Lawrence Vendors?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married in Kalamazoo on October 23. I reviewed my vendors in the "sticky" at the top of the main page but here's a brief breakdown:

Catering: Just Good Food - We used the caterer that we were required to based on where the reception was but they definitely do off site parties as well. The food was amazing and we got tons of compliments that it was the best wedding food our guests had eve had. I'd definitely recommend them.

Flowers: Wedel's Nursery - We had great service and I was mostly pleased with our flowers. They're were a few things that weren't exactly as I had envisioned but that was probably due to my lack of communication. The price was decent and since the service was so good, I'd recommend them as well.

Cake: Continental Bakery (Battle Creek) - the cake was beautiful and the groom's cake turned out perfectly. The groom's cake was made of brownie and was sooooo good. I would recommend them as well.

Email me if you want more details or pictures of anything.

aswisher@ufl.edu

Happy Planning!

• Options
    finalgirlfinalgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks amanda!
    Keep Moving Forward
  • Options
    SnippylynnSnippylynn member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My family always used to use Wedel's for flowers when we still lived in K'zoo.  They're family owned and really great.  And Continental. *drool*  I freaking love Continental.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sofia, the florist that is inside the Radisson in Kzoo, does the most unique flowers in town.  Gorgeous.  As for caterers, you might try Premier Catering in Paw Paw.  Their food is delicious and they do a great job.  I've used them for some business meetings, and I know they do many weddings in Van Buren County and the Kalamazoo area.  I'm not sure if they still do wedding cakes, but the business started out as a wedding cake place and later expanded into full catering.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards