Michigan-Grand Rapids

Engagment Picture Locations

Hello everyone!
    My fiance and I have already taken "part one" of our engagement pictures near the Grand Haven beach. We are looking for some indoor locations, however. We aren't picky as far as the look goes, just something that will allow us to take pictures there for free (will pay admission of course if needed.) Any ideas/suggestions?
Thanks!
09.27.2007 (the start of a great adventure.) 12.24.2010 (the day he popped the question!) 07.22.11 (the day we added a fur baby: PAWS!) 01.21.2012 (the day we said "I Do.") 07.2012 (the day we decided to start our family!) 11.03.12 (the day we added another furbaby: WEASLEY) "So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day." ~The Notebook

Re: Engagment Picture Locations

• b0710b0710 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you could get some beautiful pictures at Frederik Meijer Gardens.  They charge, but would be really nice.
  • jleigh1902jleigh1902 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe the Van Andel Museum? I know you can take pictures there but I don't know if there's a different policy with "professional" pictures.
  • edited December 2011
    A friend of mine had some really cute ones taken at a laundamat (each of them sat in front of a front loading dryer on the floor with their Chuck Taylors sticking out in front of them etc...) and a grocery store..she actually got in a cart with her FI  pushing her!  Just depends if you are up for fun photos or want serious ones :)
  • Lorielle22Lorielle22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Amway Grand Plaza.  It is a beautiful hotel in downtown Grand Rapids.  Very elegant with beautiful Chandeliers, fountains and staircases.  Here's a photo that I ran across on flikr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevendepolo/3403453086/
    Mother-of-the-Bride
  • b0710b0710 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh, the Amway is a good idea. I didn't even think of that!  I'm sure that would make for beautiful photos!
  • Lorielle22Lorielle22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes!  There are many interesting lines, angles and architecture that make for good photo compostiion!  If you go there, you'll have to post some pictures afterward.  Would love to see them!
    Mother-of-the-Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards