March 2012 Weddings
Options

Annoying sick people

Ugggh! We currently have two sick people in our office who are refusing to take a sick day! If they get me sick I will hurt them.  I only have 9 days!!

Re: Annoying sick people

• Options
    hahaha I'm one of those annoying sick people in my office and I won't take a day off. But I am loading up on medicine so hopefully my cold goes away soon.
  • Options
    One of them has been sick for over a week (since last Tuesday - and she is ALWAYS sick).  The other is coughing so hard is sounds like she is puking.  Not what I want to be doing for my wedding.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I hate when that happens. I joked this morning I was going to wear a mask the rest of me time at work before the wedding and hm. I work in a hospital (mental health) but there is still always something going around here. I started taking that Airborne stuff just to make sure I don't get anything.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_annoying-sick-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:00d2adbb-9986-4a9a-bcf7-77e4f92dd23ePost:d554e758-f4aa-41e1-8618-651f4b076a4a">Re: Annoying sick people</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate when that happens. I joked this morning I was going to wear a mask the rest of me time at work before the wedding and hm. I work in a hospital (mental health) but there is still always something going around here. <strong>I started taking that Airborne stuff just to make sure I don't get anything.</strong>
    Posted by jbrook12[/QUOTE]

<div>Do this!  and lots of water and OJ!</div><div>
    </div><div>I was so sick this time last year because of junk going around my office... soooo glad I work from home now :)</div>
  • Options
    Haha I think I'm one of those annoying sick people too. But I decided to take today off, and get all drugged up, and sleep most the day so I get feeling better. But I must admit I'm glad I"m getting sick now, instead of two weeks from now, on the wedding day..
    Baby Boy will be making his way into our life EDD April 5, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    I am tempted to take a sick day tomorrow to get away from the sickies at the office.
  • Options
    Arm yourself with a can of lysol and threaten to spray anyone down with it if they come within five feet of you.  :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_annoying-sick-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:00d2adbb-9986-4a9a-bcf7-77e4f92dd23ePost:78ade999-86e3-48e4-8bb2-821713909a0f">Re: Annoying sick people</a>:
    [QUOTE]Arm yourself with a can of lysol and threaten to spray anyone down with it if they come within five feet of you.  :)
    Posted by rachel801231[/QUOTE]

If I could have just hit a "Like" button for that I would have. Too funny. I even got the image in my head of someone doing that too.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    w+c3w+c3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    The best way to reduce the spread of infecton is handwashing! Use warm water and wash with soap long enough to sing the Happy Birthday song twice. Definetly do that before eating anything. And avoid touching your face/eyes/nose/mouth. that is an entryway for germs into your body.

I'm a nursing student and they BEAT it into my brain. I'm a germ freak so I would personally bring clorox wipes to my cubicle. And use germ x after using comunal stuff such as a copy macine.

Lots of rest and proper nutrition are also super helpful!
  • Options
    Yeah - well I am constantly using hand sanitizer.  We don't have hot water at work (no heater). 

thankfully our office is split into two areas and they aren't in my area so I'm avoiding them.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_annoying-sick-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:00d2adbb-9986-4a9a-bcf7-77e4f92dd23ePost:a4e46bd7-2cec-417e-a312-349b5cc96089">Re: Annoying sick people</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha I think I'm one of those annoying sick people too. But I decided to take today off, and get all drugged up, and sleep most the day so I get feeling better. But<strong> I must admit I'm glad I"m getting sick now, instead of two weeks from now</strong>, on the wedding day..
    Posted by nikkinay89[/QUOTE]
    This. I am sick too, but took the last 4 days off (I'm a server) and have had a fever until today. I figured I'd rather take off when it's slow and rest up instead of being sick for the next two weeks. I have a little over 3 weeks to go. Now, I have to prevent getting sick on the honeymoon because I will HAVE to work when we get back. I've gotten sick the last few times we went on vacation.
  • Options
    I am also one of those sick people, but I blame the sick people before me! I however am in a managerial position and cannot take a sick day. I am really stressed I will not be over this before the wedding. I have bronchitis and it takes weeks to get over completely. My cough is horrible and I have an image of me having a coughing fit while trying to say my vows :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards