North Carolina

tailor wanted

I am trying to find someone to do alterations to my dress. Though I have not purchased it yet, being vertically challenged I know it will at least need to be hemmed. I intend to get my dress from DB and have heard horror stories about their alterations department. I live in Durham, work in Chapel Hill and go to Raleigh on a regular basis so anywhere in those areas would be fine : thanks :
May 2013 Siggy: Flowers imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: tailor wanted

• Olga Samarskaya
    919-462-9472
    olga_samar@yahoo.com

She's in Cary, & she's the board favorite. Personally, I think she's the fairy godmother of seamstresses :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_tailor-wanted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:f97ce518-3459-4fd5-bb1c-164f797f2cf3Post:474fbf03-9323-4451-98b5-1d3cfb4239d9">Re: tailor wanted</a>:
    [QUOTE]Olga Samarskaya 919-462-9472 olga_samar@yahoo.com She's in Cary, & she's the board favorite. Personally, I think she's the fairy godmother of seamstresses :)
    Posted by Yellow+Belle[/QUOTE]

Amen to that!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • She's in Raleigh now but she is the best! Just picked my dress up yesterday and it's perfect.  And she's so nice and helpful.  But call right away.  She books up quickly.

• Does anybody know how long Olga usually takes to alter a wedding gown? My wedding is October 20, 2013. She scheduled our first fitting for one month before. Do you think this is enough time? I've heard usually to schedule the first fitting for 6-8 weeks before, but I don't want to question her...I've heard so many good things about her...I'm just worried about time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards