March 2012 Weddings

Having 2nd thoughts about....

Our meal/reception or whatever.... I guess I feel like we aren't doing enough for our guests.  FI says it will be fine and that I'm just over thinking things.  Tell me what you think.

Again for those that don't know/remeber we were trying to keep it easy and small so we are having our wedding in vegas (we invited 28 but more like 20 will come).  Getting married at a small chapel.  So we are having a 5:30 wedding.  Guests will be picked up at around 4:30 in a limo and taken to the ceremony,  then from the reception to the resturant.  We were going to a limited menu with 5 or 6 options for meals, a starter salad, and a dessert.  We just decided to do drink tickets (just because not everyone is huge drinkers and we are only planning on staying there for an hour to an hour and half)  So to us it didn't make sense to pay for an open bar at 30ish dollars a person an hour.  We were going to do 2 drinks per person.

After that we were planning on just going out to hang out at a bar or something ....I wasn't planning on planning that part - I just figured that the handful of people that want to hang out and drink can come with us - or they can do their own thing. 

Do you think this is enough?  What would you do?  .... I've only been to one DW wedding before and that was last summer in Kauai.  They had the wedding then went to a luaui afterwards with a show (which i hated) because we didn't even really get to hang out with anyone or talk..... SO i'm just trying to avoid that type of thing.  But i'm not really sure what will be expected ....

Honest opinons please....
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Having 2nd thoughts about....

• edited December 2011
    Honestly- I do believe you may be overthinking/ second guessing. Your choices sound perfectly reasonable to the crowd you are catering to.

Remember, when you hear/read everyone else's details, it isn't to second guess yourself. I, for instance, have TOTALLY different crowd of HEAVY HEAVY tequila drinkers who would probably smuggle it right in if I told them there was no bar (i probably would too! lol). That is my family for ya!

Because of that, there are some things that have prioroity on over others.

When I take care of the Christmas party at work, we typically use a restaurant and have menu choices (usually only about 3 or 4), so I think offering 5/6 is quite generous. As far as 'is it enough?', you definitely do have the basics covered for someone who is making the trip out, in my opinion.
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like plenty to me! I'm sure everyone knows by now that it will be a small, intimate wedding so I think your itinerary sounds spot on.
    Anniversary
  • I think that since you are having a late ceremony and then taking them out to dinner that should be fine.  I think that it is super fun that you are having them picked up in a limo and takin to the ceremony and then taking them out for dinner. I think that I would love to be a guest at your wedding! Only thing that I was unsure about was only 2 drink tickets. I would maybe say 3 but you know your guests better than I do and how much they will drink.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_having-2nd-thoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:069163fd-6acb-4af6-8882-6ecebe3eee02Post:d5b902a7-2638-4dfb-95d7-711ddb259481">Re: Having 2nd thoughts about....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that since you are having a late ceremony and then taking them out to dinner that should be fine.  I think that it is super fun that you are having them picked up in a limo and takin to the ceremony and then taking them out for dinner. I think that I would love to be a guest at your wedding! Only thing that I was unsure about was only 2 drink tickets. <strong>I would maybe say 3 but you know your guests better than I do and how much they will drink.</strong>
    Posted by w+c3[/QUOTE]

I was kind of thinking that too... But some people will honestly probably not even use there tickets... so i think it might be a waste if we did more.... Maybe we will just stick with the two and if people want to have some more to drink - we will just pick up the tab afterwards?

And thanks for the feedback... It's hard because this is not the wedding i had envisioned for myself so when i see everyone else posting about all these <em>normal  </em>type wedding things - I think/wonder if i should be doing these too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think that's great! No need to add more in my opinion :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_having-2nd-thoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:069163fd-6acb-4af6-8882-6ecebe3eee02Post:d5b902a7-2638-4dfb-95d7-711ddb259481">Re: Having 2nd thoughts about....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that since you are having a late ceremony and then taking them out to dinner that should be fine.  I think that it is super fun that you are having them picked up in a limo and takin to the ceremony and then taking them out for dinner. I think that I would love to be a guest at your wedding! Only thing that I was unsure about was only 2 drink tickets. I would maybe say 3 but you know your guests better than I do and how much they will drink.
    Posted by w+c3[/QUOTE]

I agree, however, depending on if anybody doesn't drink or only wants one, they could give theirs to others :)  I wish we could do that... we're inviting a few people between 18-21 (cousins) and a few prego friends, so it feels like such a waste that we have to spend the same amount of $ on them if they can't drink!  Tickets would have been great in that aspect!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards