March 2012 Weddings

BIG DILEMA! HELP!!

My fiance scott and I picked our wedding date before anyone. His older cousin went and booked her wedding the weekend after the day we picked. Now some of the family[ a couple people are going to both] is saying we have to change our since they don't want to take off 2 days in a week period(we wanted march 4th..she booked march 11 and lives 2 hours away), or they won't go to ours?! Do we change ours or not? We haven't booked the venue yet but can't decided what to do!! Should we say fine, your loss? We are lost =/.

Re: BIG DILEMA! HELP!!

• can you move your date up into feb? that way you are still getting married before her and sooner!! :)

that's a sad situation :( sorry they are being like that and sorry she did that!!!
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • btw: why do they have to take off weekdays for a sunday wedding? unless they are talking about the monday after?
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I don't think thats right... I had to change mine and its not fun when you have your heart set on a certain date. Figure out why they have to take time off work and can't do both...
  • Wow, I can't believe his cousin booked her wedding so close to yours!  That's not fair for you to have to move your wedding date.  Was March 4th a special day for you two?  Did his cousin officially book her wedding for that day?  I wouldn't move it since you set your date first but if you don't mind moving your date so that most of the family is able to make it, then I'd move it.

• wow, so sorry they are being like that. if its not an important date then just change it so u guys can have the family members there ( if u want them there) but if the date means something to you, keep it and let it be their loss! HTH
  • I think it depends... if your date is significant to you and your FI, KEEP IT! If it's a date you just decided upon, then figure out whether or not you feel like compromising.  Also, look at the people who are threatening not to come, are they in your top top top people you want to go?

Good luck, seems like you're in for a rough ride if your weddings are already close together.  Get your color scheme and theme announced before she can steal that too! jk (sort of) :-)
  • I agree with everyone...if the date is important to you, I would keep it.

The only real suggestion I have is just don't make it a competition with her because she just seems like the type to be super catty and will just do about anything to top you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards